Using Miro with Wacom-Tablet: The keyboard opens itself constantly

• 6 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello Miro-Community/Support Team,

When I click on the pencil, then on the board and draw something, a big keyboard is opening itsself (which I don’t need at all).

I can then remove it by clicking the cross on the right top.

Then if I click on the pencil again and draw something on the board again, the keyboard appears again.

So this is reproducible

How can I prevent the keyboard from appearing?

Thanks for any help

2 replies

I had this issue with the Miro app for Windows.

After changing the “Choose which hand you write with” and selecting “Let me use my pen as a mouse when it’s available” in the settings for Pen & Windows Ink, I returned to the Miro app, selected the pen tool and tried to draw with my Wacom pen. The on-screen keyboard didn’t pop up. Instead, the Windows Ink handwriting panel appeared.

I reversed the changes I’d made in the settings, but the on-screen keyboard never reappeared. Unfortunately, the hand-writing panel continued to appear, most but not every time I used the Wacom pen, even after closing and reopening the Miro app and also after restarting my laptop.

I saw a recommendation on another thread to turn Windows Ink support on or off in the Wacom app-specific settings. This didn’t prevent the hand-writing panel appearing when I used my Wacom pen for drawing in the Miro app, however.

The tip proved to be useful for drawing with my Intuos in the web version of Miro, though. I hadn’t been able to use the pen in Miro web - when I drew on my Intuos, nothing appeared on my Miro board. After turning off Windows Ink for my browser in the Wacom settings, drawing in Miro web with my Wacom pen and Intuos worked fine.

I have the same problem - Wacom pen - and the keyboard pops up about 17 times every hour of drawing.