Using Miro for Innovation Sessions

• 23 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I am interested in using Miro to run innovation sessions at my company. Each session will have a different group of people. It appears that Miro is designed with teams in mind. Does this mean I need to create a new team for every session (is there a limit to the amount of teams I can create if so)? Or can I simply create a board and invite people without having to worry about creating a team?

I am currently using the free version just to explore, but happy to upgrade to a paid version for myself if that changes anything.  

I apologize in advance if the answer to this is already provided somewhere. I’ve searched the help site and community but couldn’t find it. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jason Carroll - Welcome to the Community!

It appears that Miro is designed with teams in mind. Does this mean I need to create a new team for every session (is there a limit to the amount of teams I can create if so)?

With the Team Plan subscription, you only have one team space, but with unlimited boards. With the Consultant Plan you could create an unlimited number of team spaces. However, if you will not be working on a number of boards, with various clients over a period of time, i.e., longer than day or two long session, this may be more than you need.

A comparison of plans can be found here → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730233-Plans-and-features-available

Or can I simply create a board and invite people without having to worry about creating a team?

No need to create a whole new team if your innovation session participants will only need to access the board for a short period. Instead, you could use the Visitors feature - this shown as “Anyone with the link” on a board’s Share settings. With Visitors enabled, you would send your participants the board link and they would have immediate edit access - no Miro account required. More on this here → Collaboration with visitors