Upgraded Mindmaps are still a nightmare

• 19 November 2020
  • 2 replies

This is probably the only template I use other tools for still, every time I think I would like to use Miro for all my workshopping, the mindmap gets in the way. The main areas where I feel restricted are:

1. Ability to change shapes & their styles
  2. Ability to add labels on the lines
  3. Ability to position things the way I would like, for example, the start of the mind map is never centered, always towards the top which looks completely off

Future:

1. Mindmap clusters with labels - kind of doable now but it does not move along with the mindmap

Please improve this much needed feature!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@MeenakshiB:

Totally agree with you - worked years ago with MindManager and till now with iMindMap if it comes to MindMapping.

Better features - Designoptions - and much much more.

So as long as the MindMapping features are so weak I MindMap either with external solutions or with combined arrows with Stickies … but I love the other option more.
Believe me - it is not easy for me to say this because I love miro and all its features but the MindMapping solution is the most feature that I do not use.

I added months ago a wish for it:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/more-options-for-mindmaps-additional-apps-for-app-marketplace-415?postid=1322#post1322

Michael

Userlevel 4

Hi @MeenakshiB! Thanks for the feedback

Ability to change shapes & their styles

We don’t have it at the moment because we think that it can overcomplicate our Mind Map, more choices and you also need to spend more time to make Mind Map look good. But thanks for the feedback, we’ll consider it with the team.

Ability to add labels on the lines

Could you clarify, you mean like labels in our cards?

Ability to position things the way I would like, for example, the start of the mind map is never centered, always towards the top which looks completely off

Could you please share the screenshot with the example? Right now the start of the mind map looks pretty centered.