Skip to main content

Hello, I’ve been using Miro for just a few weeks (love it so far)(mostly) and I have discovered an inconvenient behavior.  I group certain items so that is is easier to move them around/duplicate etc.  I also lock them so that when others are interacting with the board, they don’t get inadvertently moved or deleted.

I have discovered that when I unlock these items, it also ungroups them.  Is there a way to keep items grouped when I unlock them?

Hi @Ray Sullivan,

I’m glad to hear that you’re enjoying Miro so far!

Regarding the issue you're experiencing, the objects remain grouped even after unlocking them on my end. To help us troubleshoot further, could you please share a short video demonstrating the issue? This will give us more context and help us assist you better.

I look forward to your response!

I would love to...except I don’t see how to upload a video.  Security in my org doesn’t let me embed a video with a URL either.  Try this and see if you can duplicate the issue:

1. Create a group (as you have done with your video)
  2. Create one or more other items that are not part of that group.
  3. Select all items (both grouped and ungrouped) and do a lock on all.
  4. Unlock
  5. The previously grouped items are no longer grouped together.

Thanks for taking a look at this.

Ray

Hi @Ray Sullivan 

Thanks for clarifying!

The issue is reproduced on my end. I’ll convert your post to a support ticket so our team can investigate further. Please check your inbox for their response.

Thank you!  I appreciate your help today!

Ray

I was already creating a GIF before I finished reading the post haha. Here it is anyway - when there are two ore more groups, locking/unlocking breaks all groups: