Understanding Billing and removing of members

• 22 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi Everyone,

My company is currently in the team plan paid annually (We’ve already paid for 1 year for 2 members) in Miro and I wanted to inquire about the removing of one of its team members. Currently we have 3 licensed paying members in the team plan including the person who is paying our team plan. We want to decrease these members into 2 since the other person won't be using our Miro boards and isn't really part of our team. He will simply be the one purchasing the team plan license. My question is : Would it be alright to remove/take out the person paying our team plan from the team so that only 2 people are charged as part of the team plan but still charge to the credit card of the person who was removed? Would this still work?

Would appreciate any help or feedback you may have on this.

Thank you in advance!

Marion

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Marion Elizabeth Macalalag - I believe that FAQ #4 in the following article answered your question that, yes, you should be able to remove the Billing user from your team:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034270533-Admin-FAQ

4.I don't want to take a paid seat in the team, but I want to be the payer and receive billing information.
- You can upgrade the account and leave it or ask the admin to remove you. Payment receipts are sent to the email address stated in the Billing section of your team settings. A Team Admin can provide any address there thus you don't have to take a seat in this case. To change billing email open team Settings > Billing section > Overview tab > Billing actions > Change email.