Answered

Unable to make board public? Share function looks different

• 16 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi all, just upgraded to a teams and facilitating a brainstorm with external folks. Trying to add guest editor link and my share area seems different than what the guide is saying?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 18 March 2021, 14:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@truthcentral - I am not familiar with every Miro plan’s ins-and-outs, but your set up is going to determine the available sharing options.

Some questions:

1. Which Miro plan are you on? Team, Consultant, Business, or Enterprise - see Plans and Available Features.
  2. Are you the Team and/or Company Admin? There is a Team Admin and depending on the plan, there may be a Company Admin, too - see: Roles in Miro.
  3. Are you the board owner of the board that you are trying to share a link to?
  4. Are you a full team member on the team that the board is located in?

Without knowing the answers to the above, my first guess is that your are on the Business or Enterprise Plan and there may be Sharing Policies that are in place. Or you are not a full team member - only an Occasional license/Day Pass consumer and are assigned to a specific board and therefore won’t have the Team/Public sharing options - all guesses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@truthcentral - There was just an update on a post where someone appears to have been experiencing the same issue as you - their sharing settings looked like this:

The culprit: Ad/pop-up blocking software.

Have a read:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/guest-editors-3659?postid=15234#post15234