Question

Unable to join team in free version

Hello all. I need some insight. I have deleted my existing default team from when I signed up for Miro, and tried to join a team which I was invited to, but whenever I log into Miro, I get a pop-up with the request to CREATE a team, and no way to hit the plus icon to join one. Any ideas?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JJoseph - There are several variations to these popup messages. Can you please share a screenshot of your entire Miro screen/dashboard?

And, just to clarify, a Miro account profile can be a member of an unlimited number of teams at the same time. So, you should have been able to keep your original team, while being added to new ones.

Thank you Robert. Then I don’t know what’s wrong. I’m on the free version, but I thought I could join the team I was invited to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JJoseph - The initial invite you were sent could have been rescinded.

I would suggest that you create your own Free Plan space, then try the invite link your sent.

You may need to ask the sender to try to add you again.

That’s because I deleted the team I had originally created, because I was unable to join the team I was invited to even when I did have one. I figured the free version wouldn’t let me be a member of two. Do you happen to know if this is so?

Ok, so can you please tell me where to go from here in order to join the team for which I’ve been invited?

I’ve clicked on the invitation here, and it just opens up my Miro, but it shows me as member of my regular own team (which I just created again), and I’m trying to get to join this other team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JJoseph - The invite could have expired or was cancelled by someone. You should ask them to send you the invite again, or just add you from the Team profile → Team users page*:

*Depending on the team subscription type when your friend is, the process may be/or look slightly different.