Answered

Transferring a license

• 16 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi there,

We need to transfer license from someone who no longer works in the organization to a current employee. Please advise.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 19 August 2021, 00:17

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Saquib - What type of Miro plan do you currently have? Some more info on plan types can be found here → Plans and Features Available

Using the Team Plan as an example, a Team Admin of your plan should be able to:

1. Go into the Team profile settings
  2. From the Users screen, delete the user - this frees up a license:
  3. And from the same screen, add your new user/team member by using the Invite new members action:

Thanks Robert for the details. We don’t know who initially contacted with Miro for the subscription from our organization. If you could please help find the person from your database then we could follow the above instructions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Saquib - I do not work for Miro, but you can open a support ticket with them via their support for:

guide → Get Help → Support

Related Help Center article → How to Contact Miro Support

thanks Robert for guiding me through the process. I actually did contact Miro support before I posted my issue here but Miro support  person Marina, most likely a real person and not a bot (has a picture) has provided me the same link you have shared with me. Unless I am a paid customer Miro doesn’t seem to allow to contact support directly and directs you to find answers from community --- this process is highly ineffective and frustrating. Community is great but they don’t work for the company and won’t have answer to questions an employee could. Even the support page has so many links that could be misleading for a potential customer. When I search for the resolution of my issue I don’t get the exact answer and that’s why I am trying to reach someone who works for Miro. A customer shouldn’t have to jump through the hoops to get answer of a simple question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Saquib 

Unless I am a paid customer Miro doesn’t seem to allow to contact support directly

I guess I made the assumption that you have a paid plan as your original post mentioned transferring a license.

Do you have a paid plan or the Free plan?

If you have the Free Plan, you can have unlimited team members. Or you can remove members and add new ones, just like my screenshots from my first reply.

thanks Robert. Free account has limitations, 3 board max. I am trying to find out if someone who left our organization had paid subscription that may still be valid. If so, we could verify our identity with Miro and transfer the ownership of the license. But nobody from Miro has responded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This should not be hard to figure out.

If you click on the Team profile settings button:

… do you then see something similar to this:

If you do see a screen similar to the above, click on Users:

got it, thanks Robert.