Transfer Accounts?

• 3 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I had an account set up in my old work email address. I no onger work there and have managed to lock the account so can’t reset the password or anything. Is there a way i can get access to my boards or have i lost them forever?!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Gareth Lewis - If you no longer have access to the email address to reset the password, then there is no way to verify your identify and., therefore, Miro will not give you acccess to the boards.
​​​​​​So now what?

If there where other members in the Miro team in which the boards reside, you could try to reach out them and ask if they can see your boards and can either send you a board backup or put the board in Public/Visitors access and share a link with you so you can duplicate the board to your new account -- note: the options here will depend on a number of factors (what type of plan you had at your work, if they removed you from the team and someone else took over your content, where the boards in private mode, has an admin allowed for external copying of boards, etc.). Another thing to note: If someone does send you a board backup file, you will need a paid subscription to restore the board to your new account.