Toolbar disappears and everything gets all glitchy on iPad

• 4 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi, everybody.

I have been having big troubles working on miro with my IpadPro since the latest ipad os actualizations.

The toolbar simply disappears after trying to select a command. Sometimes it appears once more after a time, often not al all. I must close the application and try again, but the problem persists.

And often the application freezes...

Does anybody have similar troubles?

Marina 3 years ago

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to shed some light on the issue with ‘heavy’ boards on iPad:

The issue you all are describing is well-known unfortunately and stems from the current limitations of the engine within iOS.

As a workaround we can suggest trying the following options:

• to close all unnecessary background applications before using Miro - this should better the performance
  • to work on boards that are smaller in size - this should lighten the load of the app on the system
  • finally, to switch to another device (laptop or computer) with better RAM and use the browser version of Miro, preferably on the Chrome browser.

I hope this will be helpful. 

View original

7 replies

@FABIAN AMAYA I’m experiencing the same thing. Once the drawing tool is selected, the toolbar disappears and touch navigation becomes buggy.

It seems to be that because of the big amount of drawings and pictures I do have on the miro board the ipad pro doesn´t manage it and/or the wifi internet connection is too weak.

I tried working on a new empty miro board and the troubles disappeared.

Every time I click on the pencil on the left the tool bar disappears and everything gets all glitchy. Have tried to restart app and iPad multiple times. 

what’s up??

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @FABIAN AMAYA @Aaron Wierenga  @Neil Schmidt,

I’m sorry to hear this! I’m afraid, this is a known issue, so I have converted your messages to support tickets so that the Support team can escalate the issue to the tech team. They will reply to you via email. 

Here are the problems I’m facing while using Miro tool Tool bar disappearing

1)The tool bar keeps disappearing while editing on the artboard and post selection on any of the tools 

2)Contextual toolbar does not appear on the selection of the art board Contextual toolbar

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Pooja - Your linked documents are not publicly accessible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to shed some light on the issue with ‘heavy’ boards on iPad:

The issue you all are describing is well-known unfortunately and stems from the current limitations of the engine within iOS.

As a workaround we can suggest trying the following options:

• to close all unnecessary background applications before using Miro - this should better the performance
  • to work on boards that are smaller in size - this should lighten the load of the app on the system
  • finally, to switch to another device (laptop or computer) with better RAM and use the browser version of Miro, preferably on the Chrome browser.

I hope this will be helpful.