Answered

Timer function changed?

• 26 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Does anyone know if, and why, the timer function has changed overnight? It now doesn't seem to support hours in countdowns anymore and won't go higher than 99:59 minutes.

This is a problem for me as I often host asynchronous collaborations where I allow input to be given over the course of one or more days. Participants really like there to be a countdown for how much time they have left…

But maybe I just accidentally toggled a setting?

There's no change visible in the Change log but the Help article has been changed...

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 31 March 2021, 03:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Michiel Ykema -

The Miro team was piloting this new timer functionality over the last month or so. A few of us were involved in the pilot and feedback was provided which hopefully will get worked into updates to it. For example, I had echoed your concern about not being able to set it for more than 99 minutes to the product team.

I’d recommend formally adding this as a wish list item following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Michiel Ykema - In case you missed it, the new Timer app was officially announced today:

New improved timer plugin with music 🎶

@Michiel Ykema - In case you missed it, the new Timer app was officially announced today:

New improved timer plugin with music 🎶

Thanks for letting me know Robert! Unfortunately it only confirms my issue…

And although use music a lot in my sessions, I must say I can't imagine ever using the terrible canned stuff that was put in. :confounded: