Answered

The number of boards Miro says a user has access to seems irrelevant.

When I go into active users it will say someone has access to one board yet they can access any of them. It says I have access to 11 but I can also access any of them. How do I fix this? If we have consultants that should only have access to one board this is a huge security flaw.

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 5 May 2020, 15:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Alex Saad -

Teams provide one method of compartmentalizing access to boards. If you add a consultant as a user to only one team, they cannot see any boards or projects in any other teams. 

Kiron

Do you know how to allow consultants to edit? If I add them to a board and give them editing permission it just changes them back to a commentator.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Alex Saad -

What permissions have you given them on the team itself? Are they “full” users when you go to the Team Members view for the team? 

Kiron

If I go into Active Users » Team Members they are a non-team user.

And we have a Team plan. It’s starting to look like we need a Business plan in order for external users to have editing access by making them non-team Collaborators.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Alex Saad -

We are on a Consultant plan and with that we were able to add full access for external users (paid) so you might wish to look at that instead of the Business plan as it is $4 less per user per month. 

Kiron