The board i was working on disappeared from my dashboard and i no longer have access to it

• 22 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi I was just working on a board for the past few months up till yesterday (under free license) and today when i access it through my history i get this message , although it was this account which i was working in. But other than that this board no longer appears on my dashboard. Does anyone know what I can do about this and if there’s any way to retrieve it? Thank you

5 replies

In the Main Page you cans see who is the owner of this board. Probably the owner changed the Sharing options. Contact the owner and tell them to open the ‘Can Edit’ option for those members with the link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ariyana Arnold - If you are seeing this message, then the board is not in a Free Plan team that you are a member of - if it was, you can always view any board in a Free Plan team you are a member of as Free Plan teams do not support Private Boards.

But other than that this board no longer appears on my dashboard.

Do you still have access to the team space where the board used to be? If not, then you were likely deleted from the team and would need to be added back to the team. By team space, I mean:

In the Main Page you cans see who is the owner of this board. Probably the owner changed the Sharing options. Contact the owner and tell them to open the ‘Can Edit’ option for those members with the link.

Thanks so much will try to contact them ! 

@Ariyana Arnold - If you are seeing this message, then the board is not in a Free Plan team that you are a member of - if it was, you can always view any board in a Free Plan team you are a member of as Free Plan teams do not support Private Boards.

But other than that this board no longer appears on my dashboard.

Do you still have access to the team space where the board used to be? If not, then you were likely deleted from the team and would need to be added back to the team. By team space, I mean:

Hi thanks so much for your response, yes i believe i still have access to the team where my board was on, will try to contact the team admin. However, if I still have access yet the document is not on the dashboard of the team would that mean it had been deleted? if so would there be any way to retrieve it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ariyana Arnold - If the board was deleted, and the board was in a Free Plan team of which you are a member of, then you would see a message that "the board was deleted".

Because you are seeing a message of "No access to board", then - again, if this board is in a free Plan team - you are either no longer a member of the team or the board was moved to another team. Or, you are not currently signed into the Miro account user profile that is a member of the team, e.g., you have more than one Miro account using different email addresses.