Text woes

• 2 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Why are there not bulleted lists available for text in shapes?

Why can't I type more than 1400 chars without getting a "can't paste more than 6000 chars" in a text box?

Mac 0.5.4 (and now that I see it’s *0*.5.4, I think I have the answers to my questions :/

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Josh,

1. This functionality is not currently possible. Feel free to pitch your idea to the Wish List! Make sure to describe your use case. More tips are in this helpful guide. As a work around you can add a text box inside the shape to add bullet points.  

2. Currently, text boxes in Miro have a limit of 6000 symbols. It's important to note that this number includes all typed symbols (including space between words). Moreover, if you apply formatting to your text, it also affects the symbols count since internal code symbols are counted even though they are not visually present. Once the limit is reached, the pop-up is shown to warn you that anything written or pasted afterward won't be saved. :(

Hope this is helpful! 

We are using text boxes for code JSON-schema. So the limit in 6000 symbols is too small for our use case. It would be grate to have it at least twice more.

So frustrating when it hits the limit and pop-up appears :triumph: