Switching to the Educator program from free version

• 11 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I applied to the educator program and received an email that I was accepted into the program.

I had been using my educator email with the free version prior to applying and it appears that Miro still thinks I am in the free version (Says Miro Free in the top left of my dashboard). I am looking for guidance on how to get it corrected. The documentation says to switch to the education team on the left side of my dashboard but I do not see other options. Wondering if anybody else has run into this issue. Thanks in advance for any support.

9 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey @Amanda Caton .. hmm sounds like it might be something on the backend. I’m sorry this is happening! If you submit a support request, I’m sure they will look into it for you. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks - unfortunately, it does not look like I have that option.

It tells me I need to have a paid plan in order to submit a request and then routes me back to the forums and documentation.

I’m having the same problem

Userlevel 4

You should be able to fill out the form! But, if you still aren’t able to I can submit on your behalf. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks - I was able to contact somebody through sales that gave me a link to a form I could fill out. I will post the resolution back here once we get it resolved for any other people that might be having the same problem like @OLAVO NETO 

Userlevel 4

Thanks so much, @Amanda Caton ! Keep us posted!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

There are a number of scenarios where an existing Free Plan team will not be upgraded to an Education Plan team, e.g., you are not the sole Team Admin of an existing Free Plan team. Instead, Miro will create a new team where you will be the sole Team Admin (note: the Education Plan only allows for one Team Admin).

To check for a new Education Plan team, go into the Team Profile settings for any of the teams you are a member of:

All teams are on the left side of your dashboard:

Then go into the Team Profile settings:

And from here you can

1. see the plan type
  2. other team members
  3. cycle through other team space profile settings

If a new team space was created for you, you will need to

1. Move boards to this new space
  2. Add team members:

Userlevel 1

Right - I did that @Robert Johnson.

I only have one team and it shows up as free so I think something has not been done on the backend to give me the educator access for that team. Hopefully I hear back from support and they are able to help me but I appreciate all the suggestions from the community.

Userlevel 1

Miro support was eventually able to resolve my issue.

I had to put in the support ticket - https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Then they had me upload screenshots that showed the email I was sent saying my application was approved (screenshot needs to show the email it was sent to) and then I received a second email saying I was approved to the Educator plan and when I logged in after that, I was able to see that it had been changed to the Educator plan (Miro Free in the left corner was no longer there and the team profile showed Educator as the plan. Hope that helps @OLAVO NETO and thanks again for all the support/suggestions from this community.