stylus missing pen strokes

• 28 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello all,

I have been using Miro for over a year and suddenly have been having trouble with the stylus. The board seems to frequently miss my pen strokes. This can be caused by my hand touching the screen though this was not the case before. I have been toggling many settings on touchscreen input for windows, including ignore touchscreen input when using the pen. I have the same problem on Edge, Chrome, Opera and the Miro app for windows. I also seem to get the same sort of problem on alternative apps like Limnu or Windows whiteboard. This leads me to believe it is something to do with Windows but there are so few touchscreen or stylus settings to try that I feel like I have run out of things to vary. I have also tried with several different pens and on another touchscreen computer all to no avail. 

I did try to get support from Miro but the help was atrocious. A few very short emails were sent in which I don’t think he even got to diagnosing the problem correctly before concluding that it was a known Miro bug and closing my ticket trying to indicate that closing the ticket would spare me unnecessary emails but not asking if I wanted to close the ticket. Absolutely dreadful support. 

I am using a Lenovo stylus (I don't know the model but I am pretty sure it is capacitive.)

I have a LENOVO IdeaPad Flex 5 15ALC05 and I am using Windows 11.

For Edge, I have also tried the advice found here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572674-Issues-with-touchscreen-digital-pen-devices

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @jamesm 
Thank you for the report! We’re very sorry you aren’t having a better experience with our app & service.

We confirmed with the Dev team that it’s a Windows bug and thus, there is nothing we can do on our end to fix it. 

We’re truly sorry for not being much of a help here.

Userlevel 2

Hey @jamesm 
Thank you for the report! We’re very sorry you aren’t having a better experience with our app & service.

We confirmed with the Dev team that it’s a Windows bug and thus, there is nothing we can do on our end to fix it. 

We’re truly sorry for not being much of a help here.

I also suspect it is something to do with Windows but “a bug.” This is as vague as it could be. Everything has been working fine for over a year on the same set-up. I am aware you have no control over Windows but at the same time the majority of your customers will use Windows and so helping customers identify likely Windows problems would be useful. Again, this is a major issue and I feel that is being treated in a very casual manner. It has taken a week to confirm that it has something to do with Windows. I have been offered a dead end before and that was overly hasty too. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @jamesm 
We totally understand your frustration. But as mentioned, we forwarded your case to the Dev team and they confirmed it’s a Windows bug. So as a solution, we suggest that you contact Windows support.

We hope for your understanding!

Oh, I'm having the same problem, but it's strange that this thing happens only on one board, the second one works well, first it started with the stylus pen and writing problems, now I can't even load this board, the second board is still working