Question

Stuttering problems when working with many people

Dear community,

I am a student right now and working with Miro in my university courses. 

We have a big white board where every student uploads his/her work to present the state they are at after a week. The student who presents will have all the other students following so that the presenting student can zoom in/out and drag around the board.

The problem I am having is, that every time it is my turn to present and everybody starts following me I simply cannot zoom in/out or drag the board around anymore. Other students don’t have problems like me but some others do have the same problems. Occasionally the problems also occur when I am following other people but this only happens sometimes.

I am pretty sure it is not hardware / connection related:

My setup:
Ryzen 5 2600X
32GB RAM
AMD RX 6700XT
Cable connected not WLAN
Download speed test during a Miro meeting: 220 Mbit/s
Upload speed test during a Miro meeting: 10 Mbit/s
Ping test during a Miro meeting: 11 ms

The speed test was done on the speedtest side of my provider.

Right now I have only been working with the webbrowser. Would it help to switch to the Windows App or won’t it matter? Does anybody have any advice for me because the professor already said that it will affect my grade if I cannot present perfectly (which I cannot right now).

Thanks for your help in advance

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jennifer Horvath -

I would definitely suggest using the Miro desktop app to see if you get better performance.

Does this happen with any board or just one specific one? Could you setup a very simple test board and have one of your peers do a test with you to see if the behavior persists?

As a final option, are you only using Miro or are you using it in conjunction with something like Zoom and if so, could you not just share your screen in Zoom and that way everyone can see what you are seeing without relying on Miro’s attention management features?

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale

Thank you for answering.
Sadly I have this problem with all boards and not only this specific one. 

I also just tried switching to the Windows App but it didn’t change. I just tested it alone and even then it started to hang. I couldnt zoom or move the board around.

I tried to tell the professor that I could just use Zoom instead to show what I see but he absolutly doesn’t want me to do it. He says it is a problem on my end because it works with everybody else and I need to figure it out. Sadly I can’t find a issue hardware/connection wise and I don’t know what else to check.

E: I have this problem with all boards but on this specific one I have it way more often than on others. It feels like the data masses being loaded into my buffer or something like that are too big. But it wouldn’t make sense that this only happens to me and nobody else especially because I know that I have a desktop PC which is on the stronger end of the students.