Answered

Student Zoom Post-Its ?

• 31 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,
  I am new to Miro.  This week I am teaching a Zoom class and would like to be able to invite the student to each creates three post-its on their own screen and then share all of the post-its as a group and refine and share all students post-its.  Is that possible with Miro ?

Thank you,
- Mark

icon

Best answer by mlanders 31 January 2021, 19:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Mark Walhimer :

the easiest way is to create a link and password-protect your board and to give everyone write-access to your board:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014617239-Password-Protection-for-Public-Boards

and you can either put all groups and screens on one board … or inivite them to seperate boards:

https://community.miro.com/best-practices-discussions-48/zoom-and-miro-best-practices-to-combine-these-tools-197?postid=644#post644

Michael

Hi @mlanders Michael,

Thank you for the quick reply!  Very much appreciated!

For this class, I am conducting the session for another professor so I don’t have the email addresses of the students.  Is there a way to invite students via a URL link?

Also, I would like to limit each student to three sticky notes each.  Is it possible to have the students add their stickie notes to the board without other students seeing the sticky notes then give all students access to see each other's sticky notes? 

Thank you!

Cheers,

-Mark 

@mlanders 

P.S. I am hoping to replicate with Miro an exercise that I do with students. 

Give each student three post-its, ask them a question, then all students put the answers up on the wall and as a group, we select the top three answers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mark Walhimer - Further to @mlanders reply, you will want to:

1. Put the board in Anyone with with the link Can edit mode - the is called Guest Editor mode.

2. Set a password on the board (optional).

3. Copy the link to your clipboard:

4. Send the link (and board password) to anyone who should be participating in your session.

As for creating the sticky notes in way that no other participants can see them until the creator is ready, they can use the sticky note Bulk Mode.