Skip to main content

Hello, creative minds!

I’m curious to hear if anyone has explored ways to automate exporting Trello boards filled with cards (each having a cover image, title, and description). Imagine having hundreds of boards and thousands of cards—doing this manually can be overwhelming!

I’ve been thinking about how to streamline this process, and I’d love to hear your thoughts or any experiences you've had with similar challenges. The ideal solution would export each card’s cover image alongside the title and description in a visually organized way—perhaps in separate frames or groups to keep things neat. I’m envisioning something beyond embedding the entire board—a way to automatically extract and place everything in one go!

I’ve already exported a board as an Excel sheet, which includes image links, but manually inserting each row one by one feels far from ideal. Has anyone come across a clever approach or even tackled this kind of automation before? I'd be thrilled to hear your thoughts or ideas!

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Hi @mohamed osman 

Thanks for sharing your question! Automating the export of Trello cards with cover images, titles, and descriptions into Miro is a great idea, especially when dealing with large volumes. 

Are you trying to import Trello cards into Miro? If so, the option to fully automate this isn’t available just yet. However, you can use the Miro Power-Up within Trello. This allows you to attach Miro boards to Trello cards, view, comment, and edit the boards, and even create new ones right from within Trello—no need to switch between tools!

Additionally, you might want to check out this wishlist post on 2-way sync with Trello cards and Miro cards. I recommend upvoting and adding a comment with your use case, as it can help Miro’s team prioritize this request based on community needs.

For those who have tackled similar challenges, please share your experiences or any workarounds you’ve found useful!