Answered

Sticky Notes Disappearing

Hi there

I have been setting up some boards for a workshop and when I come out and go back into the board my sticky notes are missing. There are still there, but not coloured so you cant see them (see below). Has anyone else experienced this? 

How can I make sure they are ready to go for my workshop?

icon

Best answer by Joanna Edwards 24 June 2020, 23:16

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joanna Edwards -

they are most likely hidden under the colored rectangle shapes. If you send those shapes to the back via the right-mouse button context menu or click a sticky note and select bring to front, then you should see them. Remember that Miro will put newly created objects in the foreground if they are on top of previously created ones.

Kiron

Thanks for replying. I tried that but no luck. I think it may have been to do with having Miro open in numerous browsers. I had opened the same board in more than one window and after I closed them all down and went back in, the post its reappeared. Bit worrying ahead of a meeting but as no one else seems to have had this, it must just have been caused by my multiple browser situation. I will be less messy in future!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joanna Edwards -

that is odd as I’ve definitely had a board open in different windows on different devices and not had issues. I haven’t tried multiple windows on the same device if that is what you had done - I could imagine that might “confuse” the app when it comes to refreshes and so on.

Kiron

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m having the same issue and not sure how to correct it–do not have multiple instances of it open, and the post it notes are not behind other objects. Curious if anyone else has figured out a solution to this (or a cause)?  

Is there any root cause/solution for this already?

I am facing the same issue with the sticky notes ‘disappearing’ when zooming in:

-only MIRO open on browser

-the sticky notes are not at the back

-the sticky notes are still there, but the color is gone

We tried to give them another color….and some colors became visible, while others were still not

really weird

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Naomi vW & @Sita Magnuson & @Joanna Edwards :

Solution 1:

It would help, if you could copy your board and link this copy so we could look inside of it.

Solution 2:

Just contact the support and they will look into this and find a solution.

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799

Michael

I’m having this same issue.  Has anyone solved it?

My notes are disappearing.  Sometimes they come up when I refresh the board but then the disappear again.  Sometimes I have the color issue but most of the time they are just missing. 

Same problem has happened to me today. The sticky notes are still there and others using the board can see them fine. If I refresh, I can see some of them, but only a few. 

Same thing is happening to me this morning. I have a workshop in 50 minutes and this is NOT good.