Skip to main content

Account with no boards

Installed Miro on my iPad pro A1584 running 16.7.8

On the iPad Miro is unable to open, message is about board too large.

@Caio Zanolla - For starters, thank you for sharing your iPad iOS version – this confirms that you meet Miro’s tablet app requirement of v14 or higher.

Account with no boards

It sounds like you are saying you have a new Miro account, with no boards in the account. So, what action were you taking when you received this error? E.g., did you try to create a board? Open someone else’s board?

This happens when I install Miro on the Ipad, right after logging in with google.

It is not a new Miro account but in order to try and solve it I removed all boards, removed team, recreated it (as there has to be at least a team) and then created a single board.

Nothing works, as soon as I open Miro (new install or not) it wont even allow me to select a board or anything, it goes straight into the "too large → try again" loop.

btw, I do all referred config operations on the computer (web) and then I try to close → reopen Miro on the Ipad OR uninstall → reinstall → login on the ipad.

@Caio Zanolla - Thanks for the additional information. This sounds like it should be invested by the Miro support team.

Since you are creating new teams, I will assume that you have a paid Miro subscription? If so, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

No, it is not paid, its free version. It requires at least 1 team.

I used to use Miro on my iPad without any issues and recently after a recent update (maybe 3 weeks ago) now I’m constantly getting a message saying that the board is too large for my iPad.  I haven’t changed by habits of usage and never got a message like this before and now I get it multiple times during a session.  

I’ve tried going through the recommended suggestions but none fix the issue.  Is there a way for this to be fixed and if not, what is the minimum requirement for me to use an iPad or other device without getting kicked out of the board constantly.

I use Miro to tutor virtually so all i do is upload PDFS (max 1 MB) and then write on them.  Nothing more than that. It seems I get the performance issue when I’m trying to zoom in or out.  If I DON’T zoom in or out I can work through without any problems.  

@Dan Mazz - I merged your post with this existing one.

Can you confirm:

1. Your iPad model and iOS version?

2. Are you using a paid Miro subscription? If so, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

If you don't, I will open a support ticket for both you and the original poster. 

@Robert Johnson 

EXACT same issue as @Dan Mazz . A single PDF on the board, if I zoom at all, the whole board goes white, tries to reload then says it’s too large and I have to kill app. Trying to manually draw maths with the mouse on desktop version as a workaround. arrg!

ipad 7th generation, ios 17.5.1, on free version

Also, just have some ongoing problems caused by the Zoom, not sure if it’s worth starting a new thread @Robert Johnson ? But other students have reported it too, when pinching and zooming too quickly the toolbar will enlarge to jumbo sizes, then can’t be changed and when writing with a pen on the ipad, the “writing” appears in a totally different place usually about a third of the screen higher than where the pen touches the ipad.

@Caio Zanolla / @Duncan - I converted your posts into support tickets - you should have received email notifications of the new tickets. Please feel free to reply to those emails with any additional information you feel is relevant while you wait to hear back from the support team. 

It could also be helpful for other Community members if you reply back here with what the support teams tells you/the outcome of the ticket 🙏

thanks so much, will do!

I just discovered something interesting.

On the web I created a new board, very simple small one.

On the Ipad as I previously stated, opening Miro will throw a "board too large → try again" loop

So I got the direct link to the board from the web and tried opening it on the ipad and it works!

If then I click on Miro to go to the home I can also browse for boards. But if I close the app and open it again, instead of showing me the board selection screen it gets into that too large loop.

So, I can access boards and Miro as a whole from direct board link but I cannot open miro and browse them.

Can you confirm:

2. Are you using a paid Miro subscription? If so, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

If you don't, I will open a support ticket for both you and the original poster. 

Thanks for doing this for me.  I appreciate it.  I’m using a 8th generation iPad on version iOS 17.3.1.  I know it is a slightly older iPad these days but I’ve only had the problem since a recent update/upgrade.  I don’t have a Miro subscription so I am unable to open a ticket.  

Can you confirm:

Hi Robert,  

I was wondering if you saw my reply above?  Thank you again.

Can you confirm:

Hi Robert,  

Hey @Dan Mazz. I did see it, but a few things have happened in between… since a few other tickets were opened, I was hoping to hear back from either the two chaps with the tickets opened, or anyone saying the issue was resolved. I was also informed that the issue is being investigated by a Miro product team.

@Caio Zanolla / @Duncan - Did you hear back from the support team? 

Hi @Robert Johnson , no progress yet, I’ve opened a new board and shared with the team as it happened instantly even on a brand new board. From my own troubleshooting I’m starting to think it’s specific to PDFs being on the board as I couldn’t replicate it with just a JPG or written content. The PDF was really small though in size, just over 200KB so it isn’t a large file size.

Were the others reporting this with PDFs on the board? @Caio Zanolla @Dan Mazz 

Hi @Robert Johnson , no progress yet, I’ve opened a new board and shared with the team as it happened instantly even on a brand new board. From my own troubleshooting I’m starting to think it’s specific to PDFs being on the board as I couldn’t replicate it with just a JPG or written content. The PDF was really small though in size, just over 200KB so it isn’t a large file size.

Were the others reporting this with PDFs on the board? @Caio Zanolla @Dan Mazz 

Yes mine was using PDFs. I believe during one session I had PDFs on the board, read the FAQ online to take screen shots of the work, delete the PDF and replace with the picture and still had the trouble. I can try to only use pictures next time.  

Can you confirm:

Hi Robert,  

Hey @Dan Mazz. I did see it, but a few things have happened in between… since a few other tickets were opened, I was hoping to hear back from either the two chaps with the tickets opened, or anyone saying the issue was resolved. I was also informed that the issue is being investigated by a Miro product team.

@Caio Zanolla / @Duncan - Did you hear back from the support team? 

Not a problem just making sure I wasn’t forgotten. 🙂. I appreciate your time and effort.  

I was just having this same issue!  I’m pretty new to Miro and I have started using it in my math classes.  I was using jpgs of the handouts on Miro and it was giving me the warning that the board was too large for my iPad.  Then a colleague showed me how to extract all the pages onto the board.  After extracting the pages, the board would crash over and over when I would zoom in.  I also don’t know how to make the board smaller.  My tablet meets the Miro requirements and I am using the Education Plan from Miro.

This may not solve the problems but it seems related - I noted that when using the Miro iPad app, my iPad could not zoom into a Miro board (using pinch and zoom on a trackpad), everything just blurred out. Apparently this is a known problem and you can only zoom in on an iPad using the ± magnification button on the bottom right of the Miro app or by using pinch/zoom on the screen with your fingers. Thought I’d mention in case it helps anyone.

Hi @Connie Hebert ,

Thanks for sharing your experience! I’ve gone ahead and converted your comment into a support ticket so our team can investigate further. We want to make sure you're able to use Miro smoothly in your math classes. Thanks for your patience as we look into this!

Hi @AndrewR ,

Thank you for sharing this tip! It's great to have additional insights from others. Hopefully, this workaround can be helpful to others experiencing similar issues on iPads. Appreciate your input!

As a follow up, I’m not sure if something has changed but I no longer am experiencing the problem and wanted to report that in case a fix was implemented.  Thanks for listening and coming to a solution.

Hi @Dan Mazz 

Thanks so much for the follow-up! We're glad to hear that you're no longer experiencing the issue. It's possible that a fix or update has helped resolve things, which is always great news.

If you notice anything else or have more feedback to share, feel free to post it here. We're always here to help!

I got the board too large message. Then I had semi catastrophic error where I was copying a single image and the board duplicated 70% of all assets on the board multiple times. I had to delete thousands of images in version control to roll this back (on the free plan). This has happened twice now on the iPad Pro 13” M1 chip. Performance is generally poor and super buggy from my experience. Stay away from the Miro app on iPad if you’re working with large boards, I will be after having to fix this twice now. Miro on the web is also pretty laggy on the M1.

This happens when I install Miro on the Ipad, right after logging in with google.

It is not a new Miro account but in order to try and solve it I removed all boards, removed team, recreated it (as there has to be at least a team) and then created a single board.

Nothing works, as soon as I open Miro (new install or not) it wont even allow me to select a board or anything, it goes straight into the "too large → try again" loop.

Same issue here. iPad Pro running iPadOS 16.7.10

Hi @SheryarZ and @N8Dog 

Thanks for jumping in!

I reached out to the team to check the status of the investigation. Will update the thread once they respond. Thank you for your patience!