Sketch Plugin doesn't remember artboard positions and breaks links

• 9 November 2022
  • 1 reply

When syncing multiple artboards the sync does not:

1. Remember the relative position I used in the Sketch file
  2. Remember the link to previously sync’d artboards. It brings each artboard in as a new file.

My work arounds are:

1. Sync and position manually (very tedious with complex flows)
  2. Sync one artboard at a time (even more tedious with complex flows)

I just want to his Sync All or Sync Selected once, not 100’s of times per day when I am making updates to my screens. I have been putting up with this behaviour for a very long time. It use to behave itself properly. Does anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?

Can someone please help?

Cheers

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Phil Beresford Apra, thanks for reporting the issues!

The developer team is aware of these issues and mentioned that Sketch requires many resources when trying to export a lot of frames at once. Unfortunately, on some machines, this may result in the types of behavior you’re describing. It’s not possible for us to fix it on Miro end, I’m afraid. 😔 Currently, artboards should be synced correctly one by one, which is not very convenient when there’s a large number of them, of course.

As for the second problem, in which new artboards appear on a Miro board instead of replacing the existing ones, there’s also a possibility that the board that is synchronized with Sketch has been moved recently to another Miro account. (If yes, that can be the reason and you can try deleting the previous artboards from the Miro board and sync again).