Answered

Shift exits Pen tool!!

Userlevel 1

Hello!

I am using Miro for education and therefore will use the pen tool a lot. It seems that every time you click shift, Miro exits the pen tool and switches to the select tool. Is this the intended function? I ask because the shift button is used to scroll horizontally with my mouse, and it would really stink if I have to click the pen tool or the “p” key every time I want to navigate to a different part of the board.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 4 June 2021, 21:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Gal Ben-Chanoch - This is the intended behavouir as Shift + drag is the multi-select shortcut, so pressing Shift exists any object mode the user is in (Shape, Text, etc.) and is now listening for a click-and-drag.

I can see, though, there may be room for Miro to improve the experience, e.g., switch you back to Pen mode when you let go of Shift.

If you agree, I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Robert Johnson yet again! I have created a wish list idea here:

Return to Previous Function after "Shift" | Miro

Hopefully they can implement it!