Sharing a board (Education)

• 17 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I would like to ask if it is possible to share my MIRO board to my teammates/colleagues without them being on my team (which is limited to 10 people) and having that board saved among their boards. 

The reason for this is that we have several projects going on in the year and I work with different people on each project. Since I only have a limited number on my team, I wanted to collaborate with my classmates without them being on that team, but they had access to the board among their boards as well.

Hopefully I explained it logically and simply. Unfortunately, then for me, MIRO loses its benefits for school purposes. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Denis Eke -

If you don’t wish to purchase additional licenses for your full edit colleagues, you could use the Visitor access method (see https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012524559-Collaboration-with-visitors). There are some limitations for what they’d be able to do, but we’ve found that this option works really well for the students in our classes who need full edit access.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale 

Yes, it's an option, but I wanted my classmates to have full control over the content and be able to do it without limits. Is there any way to make it work the way I imagine?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Denis Eke -

Assuming you are on the Business or Education plans, I don’t believe there is the option of day passes which would give day-by-day full edit access to named users so unfortunately other than purchasing a full license for these classmates, the Visitor option would be your only free choice. The only other choice is to share the ten licenses between your classmates by moving who has full edit access from one person to another as the need arises.

Kiron