Skip to main content

Shape transform behaviours

• 7 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Does anyone know of anything that explains shapes, their properties and the transform rules?

I’m too confused to be able to correctly state all the transforms

I created a text shape and added contents with bullets then decided I’d like a boarder so changed it to a box and the bullets all evaporated and the text became centred and there was no box drawn!  - not what I wanted so

I think I changed it back and the bullets were truly gone but the centering remained - bizarre that some attributes clear and other stick - and then I realised that it was a box but with a colourless boarder so I set a coloured boarder and then had to manually left align and turn bullets back on and at some point the font-size stopped being something rational because as a text label font size isn’t constrained but as a ‘named’ shape it is constrained - but since there is some ‘what you did last’ attributes that stick I could now draw a cloud with 7000pt font size - but I can’t set its boarder width to be ‘in keeping’ with its total size

I also could not get ctrl-z to trace a predicted path back to where i started

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Simon.Harris,

Could you please record a video (or gif) of the issue and send it to the Support team to investigate? Thank you! 

Userlevel 4

@Marina 

I’m not sure I could!

The need is not about a point specific change - its broad - How shapes are used needs to be simplified.

Particularly the restrictions & transformation rules removed

Just make all shapes capable of all content and format capabilities such as alignment, colour, font. bullet, links, ‘notes & details’ etc

The real ‘bug is the UI is not regular and simple its complicated and unpredictable 

Ciao

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marina - 

While I agree with @Simon.Harris that there should be consistency in shape formatting, that is a pretty large design change. In the interim, could this help center article be enhanced to provide details about what is changed/lost when morphing one shape to another: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572314-Object-Transformation

A simple table with rows & columns for each shape with these details would be great…

Kiron