Send slack comments to miro board

• 11 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

hi Miro-lovers!

I wanted to create a creative board for ideas for my team, but since we are using so many different tools in our day-to-day business, I didn’t want to add another one. (I’m one of the few ones who uses Miro actively)

We are already using Slack, so I was wondering if it is possible to send slack messages to a miro board? The messages can randomly appear anywhere on a designated board (as long as they appear :D)

It would be very helpful with collegting ideas.

Thanks,

Mimoza

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mimoza!

Unfortunately, the Slack app doesn’t seem to support that kind of data being sent from Slack to Miro, at least not according to this Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572494-Slack-App

You can configure notifications, react to notifications, unfurl board links, share boards, and even create boards directly from Slack. But it seems you can’t push messages to a board. :(

You should be able to create a custom app though, using the Miro API and the Slack API!

Userlevel 1

@Henrik Ståhl thank you for the information!

Ya, I couldn’t find any information on this either - bummer!

Maybe I’ll try my luck with creating an app, I’m just not super tech savvy :sweat_smile:

Thank you anyways, appreciate your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

No worries @Mimoza, and good luck with the app! If you run into problems, just start a thread in Developer platform and APIs and ask for help, lots of smart people in that forum! :star2: