Screen flashes randomly

• 3 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi all,

I have an odd problem that occurs seemingly randomly with Miro, in that I’ve not been able to determine a fixed method of replicating the problem. When I spoke with our Customer Success Manager recently, she suggested that I grab a screen recording if I could and then post it here in the community.

The good news is, I finally have the screen recording. It’s only 9 seconds long, but it clearly shows the thing I’m talking about.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NPBqfDUpVElFkeMsbD1CMzpDNfsYtX0I/view?usp=sharing is the screen recording.

When I notice this flash, it is mostly at the top toolbar (sorry, I don’t recall it’s official name..it’s the one with the big blue Share button).

I am running a Google Pixelbook, using ChromeOS89-beta. I’ve since this issue randomly occurring for several months now, so it’s not something that’s been introduced in ChromeOS89.

Suggestions welcome. If there’s any logs or further info that anyone needs, please feel free to let me know. There may be a small delay in getting these to you, as I will need to wait for the problem to occur again.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paul Snedden -

I noticed it seemed to be happening while you were on a video call with someone. Any chance it is actually an interaction with the video conferencing application as some of those launch multiple small windows and those might be causing the flickering?

Kiron

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey Kiron, thanks for the response.

We use Google Meet for our meetings, but there was nothing from Meet that would cause this. In this one instance, I happened to be screen-sharing but generally speaking it makes no difference if I screen-share or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paul Snedden -

It would be worth doing some testing using a different device to narrow it down to the device or Miro itself. I’m still suspecting it is something else like a background process on your Pixelbook which is causing this so it’d be good to eliminate that from the equation by seeing if it occurs with a different machine.

Kiron