Same board different people

• 21 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi! I’m really sorry if this question is basic but I couldn’t find something explaining this straight away. 

Let’s say you want to ask people to sort sticky notes like in a card sorting, but for answering a test.
Is it possible to :

1. create one board with pre-set sticky notes (ready board)
  2. share it to different users
  3. they would all arrive on a “ready” board (but each their own)
  4. each of them would do their sorting
  5. I’d receive the data in a table (optional)

Or is the common use to create a board, duplicate it for 20 users, share each board to a different user?

Cheers,

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Boloshon - Yes, the common approach here is to have the “ready board/template board” duplicated as many times as it is required. However, there are several approaches you could take here rather than duplicating it 20 times yourself.

1. Set the board’s Share permissions so that it is view-only for everyone else and then instruct them on how they can open it and duplicate it themselves - more on this here.
  2. You can even craft a lnk that you can send someone that should automatically duplicate the board as soon as they click on the link - something to note here: the board will be duplicated in the last team/workspace they were currently on/in, so it could cause some confusion, e.g., they user is a member of two teams: Their personal and a work team and they want the new board to show up in their personal team, but were task browsing/working on board in their work team. More on this “duplicate a board link” here.

There are other approaches, but we would need to understand the relationship with your target audience, e.g., are they members of your team, do they have a Miro account already? Do you expect they will use the board as an anonymous visitor, i.e., they do not have a Miro account?

Hi Robert, thank you for this answer.

I’m currently in charge of an online coaching service. At some point I’d like participants to answer some questions in a more engaging way than a casual form. They already created an account on my white label video service but I do not wish to make them create a Miro account just for interacting with the boards. I don’t know enough to create a SSO.

I hope it clarifies my user case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Robert, thank you for this answer.

I’m currently in charge of an online coaching service. At some point I’d like participants to answer some questions in a more engaging way than a casual form. They already created an account on my white label video service but I do not wish to make them create a Miro account just for interacting with the boards. I don’t know enough to create a SSO.

I hope it clarifies my user case.

@Boloshon - This does clarify things!

I have heard of people using the Miro + Zapier app integration to set up a system where, when then add a new line to a Google Sheet, Zapier can duplicate an existing Miro board. 

Here are a link were you could install the Zapier app to your Miro team/account, and then try to set up the Zapier automation: https://zapier.com/apps/miro/integrations/google-sheets