[RESOLVED] Cannot resize some objects

Userlevel 2
Badge

Dear community,

I have a board where suddenly I can not resize any frame. Even though they are unlocked. Any idea why?

Best
Ravid

Robert Johnson 6 months ago

Update from Miro support [resolved]:

Great news - the team released a fix for the issue with scaling objects and frames. I just tested it on the board you shared with us, and I could no longer replicate the issue.

Could you please try again and see how it goes on your side? You might need to log out of Miro and log back in to ensure you're working on the latest version.

I have tested on a few boards where I was unable to resize frames (and all objects inside) and it is working as expected.

I will mark this post as resolved, but if you have cleared your cache and signed out and back into your account, and are still experiencing the issue, please reply to this post.

View original

61 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ravid Aloni - When I was reading your post, I could resize frames… and now I cannot! Creating support ticket now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hmmm. Seems to be sporadic. I can resize some again, in some boards, but not in others.

I am also currently having this same issue (4/05/23 - 2:30 pm CST).  Any update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am also currently having this same issue (4/05/23 - 2:30 pm CST).  Any update?

Still waiting for an update from Miro support team. For me, this seems to happen when I first load the board, but the issue goes away if I refresh/reload the page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Note: This issue is also impacting shapes, and likely any object that uses the same “resize” functionality/code library/whatever you crazy kids are calling it these days.

Still waiting for an update from Miro support team. For me, this seems to happen when I first load the board, but the issue goes away if I refresh/reload the page.

Ok, thanks.  Yes, I’ve tried closing out of the board, refreshing, etc. and still can’t resize the frame, text boxes, sticky notes, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Christie Ehlers - If you’re able, you could try installing and using the Miro desktop app as I have not been able to reproduce the issue there.

https://miro.com/apps 

I’m at a total loss here.  I can’t change the size of anything in my board.  Not a sticky, not a shape, anything.  If was working fine until a coworker started editing the board with me.  Now when you hover over an edge of a shape you never get a double arrow.  These aren’t locked and it happens even on anything new.  Makes this totally useless.  I feel like a setting was changed somewhere or something.  Anyone know what got turned off or how I can get this to work? I found a JS that I pasted in the console that allows me to resize things but clearly that’s overkill.  How do I get my double arrows back?

Small Update: if I make a copy of the board, I can resize things immediately.  Seems silly to have to do that though.  Clearly something is amiss.  The while circles on the corners are missing.

Userlevel 1

I’m also having this problem.  Can’t resize anything. 

Thanks for the tip on copying the board - I’ll try that as a work around.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Will Schneider & @Donna Benjamin - I merged your post/comments to this existing post. You should now receive email notifications when I update this post with news from the Miro support team. To be sure of this, click the subscribe star if it is not already on/blue:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update: Multiple support tickets have been created to report this issue. I will update this post as I hear back from the support team.

Miro Desktop app

You may want to try the Miro desktop app as I have still not experienced the issue when using the desktop app (on Windows 11, at least).

I can't resize images either, what I do for instance it's add a note to the picture or element I want to resize and then the two elements together I'm able to resize it, the delete the note and boom you done it instead of copying the board, if it helps meanwhile!

Same issue. I have been trying to fix it for an hour. It went well when I started this platform yesterday but now I have no idea what I did wrong or not. I can’t adjust any text box, stick, and etc. I am waiting to finish work.. any suggestion? Thank you.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Robert Johnson - also now confirmed to be impacting other team members too.  I look forward to your updates :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Me too, Miro is useless today. :-(

Cannot resize anything - very inconvenient 

Please address this as soon as possible as we are on a deadline 

Same, makes it difficult to collaborate / iterate without creating new objects which is a big pain

I also have this problem - working in other users boards - not working in mine.

Same problem here

Oh I’m glad I came here! I thought I must have pressed something! Hope it’s resolved soon as it is a PAIN!

Had this issue, switched browsers from Chrome to Edge and now it is fine. Would rather use my default browser but it’s a good work around if you need miro access now

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Henry deBuchananne - Seems to be sporadic as, when I open a board in Edge and select an existing frame, I can resize it. But, if I open the same board and create a new frame, the resize bubble/option is missing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #1 from Miro support:

Thank you for reporting the problem to Miro Support Team.

Like always, we really appreciate the detailed information provided. It really helps us speed up the investigation.

I'd like to assure you that our Engineering Team has already identified the root cause of the issue. They're now doing their best to resolve this for you.

Hopefully, this won't take too much time, so please bear with us! We will keep you updated on our progress.

Userlevel 2

Hi there,

My name is Maria from Miro support team :) 

I understand how frustrating it is not to resize objects and frames on existing boards. Rest assured, our Engineering Team is aware of the problem and is currently working on a fix.

I will update the community in this post once the bug is resolved. 

Please bear with us!

Glad to see someone is working on this.

I’m seeing it sporadically on some boards, but not others.

https://ibb.co/VxFb73q 
https://ibb.co/VT8qxPf 

Hopefully resolved soon.  :-)