[RESOLVED] Wacom Tablet: Spacebar + Draggin won't activate pan

• 22 October 2021
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 1

Here's the deal:

• While using a regular mouse and on Miro's mouse mode, if press Spacebar and drag the mouse left-click, I then will pan the canvas
  • While using a Wacom Intuos Pro, this behavior doesn't happen anymore
    • If I empty cache and hard reload Miro page, it does work until I zoom in or out (using "-" and "=" keys input)

Video Demo (Loom):

It was working just right this morning (Fri Oct 22), and now (5PM) it's not. I have it recorded on another Loom video (although it's private - but I can cut a piece if proof needed).

Looking forward to understanding this issue and solving it.

Alyona 2 years ago

Hey everyone!

Just heard back from the team that they fixed the bug! Could you let me know if the navigation is now back to what you are used to with your wacom tablets? 

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Leandro Rossa,
Thanks for sharing! We’ve converted your post into a ticket because this particular case requires further investigation. Rest assured, soon you will be approached by Technical Support Team via email.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Leandro Rossa,
Thanks for sharing! We’ve converted your post into a ticket because this particular case requires further investigation. Rest assured, soon you will be approached by Technical Support Team via email.

Thanks Nikita. Just saw your message. Let me know if I can help the team on providing more information or help testing anything.

Same problem here, and now that it doesn't work I notice how often I use it :sweat_smile: . I hope you can resolve it because it's really annoying :)

Userlevel 2

I’m also having this issue and it’s so frustrating. Please fix this soon!!!

Thank god I’m not going mad and int’s not just me. Add another to the list. This behaviour only started yesterday. Miro and my Wacom tablet have played together nicely until then. Please fix ASAP!

Note to the other users with this problem. I am able to use the Touch ‘2 finger drag’ feature on my Wacom to navigate my Miro board, but jeez it’s really annoying,  my boards are monstrously big.

@Nikita Granin also happy to help test/troubleshoot with your team.

Happy to hear it’s being looked into. I’m also experiencing this issue and am happy to help test or provide additional information on Wacom usage.

Userlevel 1

Update: I thought it was a Wacom driver thing, then I tested versions 6.3.42, 6.3.43 and 6.3.44. Neither worked.

Pattern continues:

• Pan work for a bit of time
  • If I zoom, then it stops working

Same problem here using Intuos Pen and Touch

Adding ‘SPACE’ to a hotkey works. Obviously not a substitute, but a temporary work-around.

So glad I’m not alone on the space-drag issue. It really slows me down when live sketching for clients.

Same problem here, I reached out to Wacom too. - They suggested reinstalling the driver but did not solve the issue.

Adding ‘SPACE’ to a hotkey works. Obviously not a substitute, but a temporary work-around.

Can you please elaborate? 

Userlevel 2

The space-drag function still works in my other web-based design applications eg Figma. So It seems to be a Miro issue, rather than a Wacom issue.

Same happened to me as well! I works perfectly in e.g. Figma, so I’m sure this is a Miro bug. Please don’t let me migrate to Figma due to this.

Now I have to used v to toggle drag/select on/off.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey everyone,

Our developers are already investigating this issue, and I reached out to some of you to get some additional information. I'll be sure to update you all in this thread once there is any news. 

Please bear with us, and wish you all a great weekend ahead!

@Alyona - I’m having the same issue and it’s affecting my consulting business, so hopefully we can get this resolved quickly!

Hey everyone,

Our developers are already investigating this issue, and I reached out to some of you to get some additional information. I'll be sure to update you all in this thread once there is any news. 

Please bear with us, and wish you all a great weekend ahead!

@Alyona any update yet?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Steven Parisi,

Not yet, I'm afraid. Once there are any, I'll be sure to post them here as promised! 

Same issue for me - using a wacom intuos pen small, space-drag doesn’t work.

Works fine if I use a regular mouse though

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey everyone!

Just heard back from the team that they fixed the bug! Could you let me know if the navigation is now back to what you are used to with your wacom tablets? 

Whoop! Yep, works for me

That’s great, thanks!

working for me too!

Still has the same problem. I can not pan the canvas using pencil until I clean the cache browser.