[RESOLVED] Text alignment bug

My text layers shift around when I close and reopen a board.  I am very OCD so I keep having to fix their placement!

I will put the text here:

And then it will shift to being here:

I am 100% confident that no one is accidentally moving it around.  

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Lauree Schloss -

As a test, can you lock the text box and see if it still “moves”?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kiron Bondale , @Lauree Schloss  - There are definitely some text issues since the April 12 updates announced in the changelog.

For example, the text here was centered when I left the board last, but is now right-aligned:

When I double-click, the text jumps back to centre:

And when I close the board and come back some time later, e.g., the next day, all of the text is back to the right.

If someone does report this to support, please include a link to this post, so they have my example too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Lauree Schloss - I have submitted this issue to the Miro support team and will update this thread with their replies.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Miro support has responded that they are investigating the issue.

@Lauree Schloss - Are you using the Miro desktop app when this is happening? I am, and when I switch to Chrome I don’t get the same behaviour.

Userlevel 2

@Lauree Schloss I had the same thing happen and thought it was just me since I am new in Miro. I also am extremely OCD and this is a bit of a nuisance to say the least. Hopefully they can get this resolved soon! ~Brian

@Robert Johnson I saw this happening in the desktop app, for what it’s worth. I had a lot of issues with the desktop app it kept disconnecting and reconnecting even though my wifi connection is strong and stable. I ended up just deleting the desktop app myself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Brian Royce - It’s worth noting there is the Microsoft Store version of the desktop app and the one downloaded from Miro’s apps page. There are restrictions in the MS Store version (outlined here). Personally, I have had no connection issues with the version from Miro’s site and tend to use it more over a browser, so I don’t have to worry about having too many other sites/tabs open when using Miro. However, if you are using macOS, then all of that is irrelevant :wink:

That is really great solutions. Thanks!

This issue is not resolved for me. I’m still experiencing this issue on Google Chrome and in the Mac Desktop App.

Every time I close a board and re-open it, many of the text blocks are misaligned.

Miro, please fix!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Evan Stremke - Question: Are these text objects quite old, e.g., created back when this issue was happening (~May 2021)?

Note: If you have a paid subscription, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these steps:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Excellent question. These were created in October of this year.

I thought it was when I forced line breaks, but I’m realizing I do in fact have single-lines of text that are misaligned.

-

This bug is so annoying. I think I'll uninstall the desktop version.

The best way to open a saved board in your desired format is to use a specialized diagramming application such as Lucidchart or draw.io. These applications allow you to open saved files, such as CSV ones, and view them as diagrams. Additionally, they also support saving boards as images or even HTML files. For instance, Lucidchart allows you to open your CSV file and provides an easy-to-use interface for customizing it. You can save your file as an image or HTML, which you can then use to open the board at any time. draw.io also supports the same features, with the added bonus of providing a large selection of templates.

Web development involves the creation of websites, web applications, and mobile apps. Companies https://mlsdev.com use advanced technologies to build powerful, user-friendly, and engaging websites and applications. AI can be used to automate tasks, improve customer experience, optimize processes and products, and create personalized data insights. Technologies such as natural language processing, computer vision, and machine learning can also be employed to streamline the development process.