[RESOLVED] Sharing settings: Adding visitors name

• 15 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone,

I am on an education plan and set up a board that I want to share via link with a few people in a workshop. Since I want them to collaborate I would ask them to add their visitor names, which is implemented in the sharing settings as a feature that was apparently in a beta stage only a few months ago as I have seen in the community.

Here I came across an issue. When I share the link and the visitors just click on the link and get directed to the board, there is no pop-up window showing the option to enter the visitor name. However, when the visitors copy the link and paste it manually into the browser address line the pop-up window to enter the name appears. We just tried this two times on different notebooks and deleting any related cookies.

Since the first procedure is preferred and sometimes only feasible, for example in Zoom, I would appreciate if this issue can be fixed or if someone knows why this happens and if I need to change some setting.

Thank you!

Robert Johnson 2 years ago

@terribthorium - Update from Miro support:

The team released the fix for the naming bug so hopefully, everything should be fine on your end now! We do recommend checking first in the incognito mode of the browser to ensure that the latest Miro version is in use.

I have tested and this is working for me again. 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@terribthorium - There is currently a bug that is preventing the "Introduce yourself" name prompt from appearing. Miro is working to fix it.

Here are the two known workarounds that the support team provided me with:

My tests on it give me the same results as on your board: I don't get prompted to enter my name when I initially open the board (but I still am able to do it when clicking on the Editing button).
?name=inline-329133590.png
If I don't change/enter a name and refresh the page - the pop-up prompting me to introduce myself appears. 
?name=inline1997758617.png​​

Thank you Robert for providing a quick update on this! That will do it for the workshop tomorrow :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@terribthorium - Update from Miro support:

The team released the fix for the naming bug so hopefully, everything should be fine on your end now! We do recommend checking first in the incognito mode of the browser to ensure that the latest Miro version is in use.

I have tested and this is working for me again. 

Thanks for solving this so quickly :smiley: