Skip to main content

[RESOLVED] Removing white space around YouTube Video and Spotify playlist

Hello, 

I am new to Miro and hope someone can help me. I have embedded multiple YouTube videos on my miro board at various sizes, but for some reason when I hit play, a white space appears at the bottom and the video shrinks. It wasn’t doing this before and they were playing to the scale of the box. This was the same for the Spotify playlist.

1st Pic is before play, second is while playing and white space is visible and last pic is Spotify playlist not filing entire shape with substational white space:

How can I remove the white space, so it shows the video / element in the whole shape space?

Thank you, 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Roberta Joy Rich - Hmmm. I see what you’re saying. When I do a test, and use the Hide info action, upon video playback, the padding (presumably where the embed info was) comes back.

Let’s just ask the support team – I will open a ticket and update this post as I hear back from them.

Support team:

Can you please confirm is this is expected?

Thanks! 🙏

Thanks Robert for your reply, much appreciated. I see it’s doing the same for you.

i thought when playing them back before changing their scale it didn’t do this so I’m wondering if I accidentally changed a setting or something without realizing.

The Spotify used to show a preview of all tracks in the whole box too. Thanks for showing you have the same result and asking Support team! I am still navigating the Miro world…

🤞🏽

FYI Had a browser tab opened of same board and the white padding is gone on Youtube while video plays (see below), and the Spotify playlist fill entire box;

Any answers from the Support Team of how to fix/alter this would be greatly appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Roberta Joy Rich - I received an update from support. They have sent the issue to the product team for review. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The latest update from the support team:

Thank you for reporting the problem with the additional padding under the YouTube video.

Your detailed description helped us quickly reproduce the issue, and our development team is already working on a fix.

I'll keep you updated and let you know as soon as we have an update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Roberta Joy Rich - I haven’t heard back from the support team yet, but for me, the issue is resolved:

How about yourself?

Thanks Robert!

It appears to be fixed!

Thank you so much again for your assistance and the Support Team.

Cheers, 

PS. This is slightly different, but do you know where I can find support links regarding YouTube videos that fail to show a thumbnail preview?

Again, White-space, but not padding, it appears in place of a preview from the video; 

Instead of showing like the above, it shows on Miro like this:

Otherwise If I should make a new post, do let me know. Thanks Robert.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for confirming, @Roberta Joy Rich! I will leave this post open until I officially hear back from the support team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Confirmed - a fixed was officially released. The issue is resolved.