[RESOLVED] Remove Jira Cards app integration

• 8 February 2023
  • 5 replies

The “add to Jira” button on the toolbar is very prominent. It seems odd that there’s no way to remove it. For groups that never use Jira it’s a distraction. We work with a lot of novice Miro users, and anything that creates more UI noise is problematic. 

maybe this is a case of Miro’s team listening mostly to users who are like them (that is, use the tools they use?) I have to think there are lots of other Folks facilitating workshops with Miro who have no use for this. 

please allow us to remove this. 

Robert Johnson 1 year ago

@KyleB - An update from a Miro platform product team:

Our team did indeed update the ability to manage apps on the Starter plan last week, with the intent to make more apps available to more users. However, the ability to uninstall apps should not have been impacted. Our team has looked into this issue and has taken action to ensure that the ability to uninstall apps will become available again on the Starter plan as early as next week. Again, this was not the intent of this update.

If you are on the Starter Plan, you should be able to remove/uninstall the Jira Cards app sometime next week.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KyleB - Are you referring to this action on a selected object’s context toolbar?

If so, it sounds like someone on the team has installed the Jira Cards app. Once the app is uninstalled, the button will be removed from the toolbar.

I did note that Miro appears to have changed their app management so that only Business and Enterprise Plans can manage/remove apps. I hope that was an oversight and was not intentional… and that they didn’t push this Jira Cards app out to everyone and then took away the ability to remove it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The week of January 23, 2023, and email was sent from Miro to any Team Admin’s of Free and Starter Plans that all app management capabilities would be removed and only be available for Business and Enterprise Plans – as of this reply, it looks like Education Plans still have app management capabilities.

What this means is:

1. Any Free/Starter Plan users can install any apps from the Miro Marketplace.
  2. Once the app is installed, it cannot be removed.

In the App Management help center article, I see:

Pre-installed apps

Some apps require no installation for users. They may require additional authorization or individual sign-in. These pre-installed apps are: BoxDropboxGoogle DriveOneDriveSmartsheetAzure CardsJira CardsBrandfetchAdobe CCGoogle ImagesIconfinderSlack. These apps will not be pre-installed if they are not on the company approved list. You can manage this list if you're a Company Admin. 

So, it looks like Miro also pushed all of these apps to any Free/Starter Plans. @KyleB - This is likely why you are see this Jira Cards app icon and, sadly, if you are on a Free or Starter Plan, you cannot remove it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KyleB - An update from a Miro platform product team:

Our team did indeed update the ability to manage apps on the Starter plan last week, with the intent to make more apps available to more users. However, the ability to uninstall apps should not have been impacted. Our team has looked into this issue and has taken action to ensure that the ability to uninstall apps will become available again on the Starter plan as early as next week. Again, this was not the intent of this update.

If you are on the Starter Plan, you should be able to remove/uninstall the Jira Cards app sometime next week.

Thanks for these updates, @Robert Johnson. I was on the consultant plan and now am on the business plan, so I was able to remove the Jira integration. But now an option to convert to Azure card has appeared on the toolbar, and there is no Azure integration listed in the app management portion of settings. Any ideas how I can remove this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for these updates, @Robert Johnson. I was on the consultant plan and now am on the business plan, so I was able to remove the Jira integration. But now an option to convert to Azure card has appeared on the toolbar, and there is no Azure integration listed in the app management portion of settings. Any ideas how I can remove this?

I am seeing the same thing/Azure action on my Business Plan, as well as some Free Plans and my spouse’s Education Plan, with no app/integration to uninstall.

I would suggest that you ask the support team to confirm that the presence of this action in all plans, even though it is only an Enterprise Plan feature, is expected. You can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C