[RESOLVED] Miro bug with Connection Line arrow

• 10 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi!

I have a problem with a bug in the Miro application. It is about the representation of an arrow. If you select the arrow from the menu, no arrow is drawn, only a simple line.
The option is very important in physics because we have a lot of arrows (vectors) to represent in lessons with students.
I have also attached a small video capture (link to google drive) to see what this problem is.

https://bit.ly/miro_arrow_bug

Thanks in advance!

Fratiman Vladut 1 year ago

Hi!
I announce that the problem has been solved!
Thank you for the help!

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Fratiman Vladut - Yes, this does seem to be unexpected behaviour. If you first select the “arrow” type connection line when entering a board, a line with an arrow is drawn. However, as soon as you select a line with no arrows, and then a connection line with an arrow, no arrow will be added – Miro appears to be inheriting the properties of the last drawn line and ignoring the fact that you have specifically selected the connection line type that has an arrow on it.

I would suggest reporting this to Miro support:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Ok, thank you for the answer!
I don't seem to have the support option, I have an educational license.
This is also why I posted here, I can't find where to report a bug.

I will try to report this bug on a form on their page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Fratiman Vladut -

While the arrow tool might be malfunctioning for some reason for you, are you able to create an arrow head on either side of the line afterwards using the left or right arrow head tools in the pop-up toolbar when you select the line?

I’d also suggest trying Miro from a different access method - either an incognito browser or the desktop app, to see what happens...

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Ok, thank you for the answer!
I don't seem to have the support option, I have an educational license.
This is also why I posted here, I can't find where to report a bug.

I will try to report this bug on a form on their page.

@Fratiman Vladut - Ahhh, yes, only paid subscription users will have the support form option. I will convert your post into a support ticket as this does appear to be unexpected behavior.

You should receive an email shortly confirming a support ticket was created. It would be helpful if you could post back here with what the support team tells you.

OK thank you very much!
I will announce here if and when this problem is solved.
In the meantime I also sent a message from the contact form on the web page.

Hi!
I announce that the problem has been solved!
Thank you for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Fratiman Vladut - Thanks for the update! I am seeing the expected behaviour myself when creating a new arrow Connection Line.