[RESOLVED] Miro app panel doesn't show up

• 23 June 2023
  • 18 replies

Badge

After login on Miro I received the following message:

Robert Johnson 10 months ago

From the reports coming back in, it sounds like this issue was related to Chrome extensions (e.g., Meta Pixel Helper or Testing Playground) and not with Miro specifically. Updating the title of this post to “RESOLVED”.

Thanks everyone from chiming in with your resolution steps!

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Allan Ramos -

How are you accessing Miro? If it is through a browser, I’d suggest clearing your cache and browser history and stopping/restarting your browser and then try again. If it is via the Miro app, I’d recommend uninstalling it and then reinstalling it from Miro’s website.

Kiron

Can’t load the application, got this error:
App core initialization failure: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'Vy').

I’m using latest stable Chrome on Mac. I’ve cleared the cookies, it didn’t help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Elektrovenik - You are the second person to post about this in the past two days.

Does this still happen

• In an incognito window?
  • With all browser extension disabled?
  • In another browser?
  • In the Miro desktop app?

I’m having the same issue. Cleared cache, cookies & localstorage and I still can’t access the application in my browser.

I am having the same issue in Chrome Version 114.0.5735.134, it works fine in the Miro desktop app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Joe Solano - Have you reported this to the Miro support team? 

If you have a paid Miro subscription, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

I cleared cache (all time), cookies and closed browser. 

I re-logged in and still get the same message:

“App core initialization failure: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'Vy').”

I’m not a paid member so I cannot raise a ticket but was planning on subscribing but not if Miro doesn’t work…

Based on the recency of this thread I’d say there is an issue worth investigating.

Here is the Chrome Console log if it helps:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I cleared cache (all time), cookies and closed browser. 

I re-logged in and still get the same message:

“App core initialization failure: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'Vy').”

I’m not a paid member so I cannot raise a ticket but was planning on subscribing but not if Miro doesn’t work…

Based on the recency of this thread I’d say there is an issue worth investigating.

@mclensi - I have opened a support ticket on your behalf. If you could please update us with what the support team tells you, it would be appreciated!

I am experiencing this same issue, after clearing all cookies and site data for miro.

The app is working fine.

I am experiencing this same issue here.

Hi! I checked some of the chrome extentions and deleted most.
After deleting:

• pixel helper (for META and TIKTOK) 

Problem has been solved!

Whoever came with that idea. Thanks.
Others. There is hope. :)
Ps. It worked on incognito and other browsers like IEX and Mozilla so that’s what made me feel like this is actually extention problem.

Cheers.

You don’t need to delete any browser extensions, just update the settings on all the pixel helpers/tag inspector extensions to this setting, instead of “On all sites.” I found this an immediate fix on my computer. Hope it helps!

You don’t need to delete any browser extensions, just update the settings on all the pixel helpers/tag inspector extensions to this setting, instead of “On all sites.” I found this an immediate fix on my computer. Hope it helps!

I’ve been having this problem for a while, miro would only work in incognito mode but not in logged in chrome. I used the advice above with regards to browser extension plugins. I went through all of them and individually selected ‘when you click the extension’ and then refreshed the page each time until I found the culprit extension! Then I changed all the extensions that I was happy with back to their original settings.

SOLVED!!!

I had the same issue, but solved it by disabling Testing Playground plugin on Chrome

same here:

chrome (windows): 114.0.5735.199

cleared cache and cookies - did not help

same here:

chrome (windows): 114.0.5735.199

cleared cache and cookies - did not help

Try turning off some of your chrome plugins (one-by-one) and refresh to see if it loads. Alternatively, I found opening the page in an incognito window works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

From the reports coming back in, it sounds like this issue was related to Chrome extensions (e.g., Meta Pixel Helper or Testing Playground) and not with Miro specifically. Updating the title of this post to “RESOLVED”.

Thanks everyone from chiming in with your resolution steps!