Question

[RESOLVED] Links to frames within Miro board not working in Safari

• 11 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone, 

I’ve created a Miro board that has a landing area with a variety of navigation links that go to different areas within my Miro board. Everything works great on the Chrome browser, but its absolutely useless on Safari.

When I open the Miro on Safari the links don’t work and there is a tendency for any click to trigger a Hand style cursor and move objects on the board.

• Has anyone else experienced this issue?
  • Is Miro just not optimized for Safari?
  • Does anyone know if there’s a plan to resolve this?

7 replies

I’m building a board that relies heavily on links-based navigation to create a “Prezi-like” experience.

Miro is behaving erratically. Sometimes the link I just created using “Link To” (a frame) is work just fine if I press the small blue arrow. On other occasions it ignores the link when I hover the mouse, doesn’t chance the cursor to the hand pointing a finger and doesn’t move when I click. If I check the link it’s there and it is correct.

If I duplicate another object with an working link, and edit to paste the non-functional link URL, it might work and move to my destination, or maybe not, continuing to have the same behaviour.

Can this be fixed with some workaround or is it a real bug that needs correction? I need it so badly that I might have to drop my Miro (paid) account and switch to Prezi for this.

Software version: Miro 0.4.6 running on MacOS latest version 

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

@Joao Tapadinhas, I’m afraid we couldn’t reproduce the issue on the Desktop App. Is it still happening? If yes, please report it to the Support team directly

@Evan Wondolowski, we reproduced the issue on the latest Safari. So I’ve converted your comment to the support ticket. The team will get back to you via email as soon as there are updates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Evan Wondolowski,

The team informed that this issue in Safari has been fixed. Could you please check it on your side and confirm?

Hi Team @Marina - this issue seems to have resurfaced. Navigating the frames menu caused crashing in Safari - I had to switch out to Chrome.

Thanks

Lorna

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Lorna,

It seems to be a different issue :thinking:  
If this is still happening, I’d recommend reaching out to the Support team directly

I’m experiencing a similar issue, but all with Chrome. If I create a link with one user, then attempt to click on that link with a different user in Chrome, it’s dead. I can replicate this behavior on the same computer or on a different one. Has anyone figured out a workaround here?

Also, what’s up @Evan Wondolowski, I think our paths may have crossed once upon a time. Hope you’re well! 

@Joao Tapadinhas  i have the same problem from project to project. “Link To” buttons just stop to work at any random for no reason moment and it makes me spend loads of time to re-do those links.