[RESOLVED] "Link to" links disappearing on frames

• 20 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello, I have connected each user story card with a frame in which there is a mock-up image with the link to option. Since last night all the link to on the frames have disappeared, when I set annew one and reload the page the link to has also disappeared again. Does anyone know a solution?

christof 2 years ago

Hi there,

The Support team has replied:

Thank you for your patience! The development team has released a fix to the bug where the "link to" an object or another site on a frame disappears when you reload your browser or reopen Miro. Please note you may need to log out and back into Miro to ensure you are on the latest version of Miro that contains the fix

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@christof -

Can you post a Loom video or take a few screenshots and post those so we can get a better picture of what you are experiencing?

Thanks!

Kiron

Hello @Kiron Bondale  i have made a video hope this will help to unterstood.

Thx for help

Video

in the video “After i load site again you must wait a little bit” then you can see the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@christof -

I was able to duplicate this behavior so I’d recommend opening a Miro support request (Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center) and show them a video of the simplest use case (similar to what I did) with a new board which has a single card and a single frame with bi-directional links. I confirmed that the link from the frame back to the card disappears once you re-enter the board.

Kiron

Thx

I have written to the support

christof

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@christof / @Kiron Bondale - The issue appears to be simplified even further in that any links (external or internal) are gone when the board is reloaded.

As a test, I

1. created a new board
  2. added a frame
  3. linked to https://google.com
  4. closed the board
  5. opened the board again and the link was gone.

I have also updated the the title of this post to reflect the unexpected behaviour.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@christof - If you could please update this post as you hear back from Miro support, that would be appreciated by all - thanks!

Hello everyone, I have a response from Miro Support, for I share with you.

-----

Thanks for getting in touch with us and reporting the issue! 

We truly appreciate you describing the problem in detail and recording the video of it. I'm afraid that there's currently a bug on our side because of which links inserted via Link to option from frames disappear when reloading the browser tab. We're truly sorry for the inconvenience it causes! 

Please, be assured that the team will now investigate this further and do their best to fix the issue for you. We will definitely keep you posted on our progress. Please bear with us!​

Best regards,

-----

Hi there,

The Support team has replied:

Thank you for your patience! The development team has released a fix to the bug where the "link to" an object or another site on a frame disappears when you reload your browser or reopen Miro. Please note you may need to log out and back into Miro to ensure you are on the latest version of Miro that contains the fix

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Fix validated. Working again for me.