[RESOLVED] First comment from guest doesn't appear.

• 1 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I experience the following, wondering if it’s a bug or if I’m missing something. Didn’t find it in the forum yet:

I share a board via Link and with the option to allow comments only. Guests opening the link can open the board. But I won’t see them. They can comment. After sending the first comment, they get a prompt asking for a name. If they enter a name I can see them afterwards. BUT i can’t see the first comment they submitted. They themself can see it though.

If they submit another comment it works as expected: We can see it both. But the first one stays visibile only for the guest.

Thanks alot for any help

best regards

Jakob

Robert Johnson 2 years ago

Support replied this morning that the bug was squashed. I have validated the fix. Thanks, Miro!

We are happy to inform you that the issue with the first comments made by Guest Editors being erased has been resolved! From today's release, all comments left by the Guest Editors are saved on the boards and can be further viewed or edited.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with or if you are still facing any issues with the mentioned bug!

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@homosco -

That is odd - tried it out and found that the very first comment they enter is visible to me once they have entered in their name. Here’s what I did:

1. Shared a board comment-only with anonymous guest editors.
  2. Accessed the board using incognito mode in Google Chrome
  3. Added a comment to a sticky note as a guest editor - it prompted me for my name which I entered and the comment showed up for me.
  4. Went back to the board as a full-access named user and the comment also shows up for me.

Not sure if I am misunderstanding the situation so could you clarify if I have missed something?

Kiron

That describes what recreates the bug on my system. (Only that i used Edge for the guest and the Desktop Application for the logged in main user).

This is hot it looks like. Left ist the Desktop App with logged in user. On the right the edditing guest. The yellow was the first comment (not showing for anyone but the guest submitting it). The red on is the second comment, which shows up for everyone. Further commenst work as expected.

Tried to check what happens, if I log in in a browser. Some result (using Firefox):

Tried a guest user in Firefox private mode with same result.
If i try to edit the first comment in one of the guest sessions it won’t apply those changes but jump back instantly (added reply or change of colour).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@homosco / @Kiron Bondale - I noticed this months before when creating my post about showing the name of Guest Editors, but didn’t dig in too deep to see if perhaps I was doing something wrong - this post confirms that this is likely a bug.

**I have created Miro support ticket and shared a link to this post. I will update this post with any updates from support.**

I created a new board and set it to Anyone with the link → Can comment. Then I loaded the board as myself in Chrome and incognito in Chrome (to simulate Anonymous Guest access). When I add a comment as myself, both users can see it:

Then I made a comment as the guest and only the guest can see it:

I made a second comment as the guest and both users can see it:

And when I made the board Anyone with the link → Can edit, the owner still can’t see the comment:

And the first comment never shows up in Activity Pane:

I will update this post with what I hear from Miro support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

UPDATE #1 - Support is able to reproduce the issue and has passed it along to the engineers for further investigation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Support replied this morning that the bug was squashed. I have validated the fix. Thanks, Miro!

We are happy to inform you that the issue with the first comments made by Guest Editors being erased has been resolved! From today's release, all comments left by the Guest Editors are saved on the boards and can be further viewed or edited.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with or if you are still facing any issues with the mentioned bug!