Skip to main content

[RESOLVED] Duplicate and Delete actions on context menu are not working

I have been using Miro for a long time and I have preferred to use the on screen Buttons for duplicate and delete specifically and for some reason as I use Miro on multiple different platforms and browsers these buttons are visible but are no longer functioning see video below for context.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jared Wright - Thanks for sharing the Loom – I wish everyone could included a screen recording!

So, one thing of note is that your having the new Miro AI action at the top left – both the new style of action and the new location (the previous location is bottom-right corner of the board UI). This means your account has (at least some of) the new Simplified UI design elements announced as a part of Intelligent Canvas – I am not even seeing this yet on my account(s).

That being said, the issue you are showing could be related to these changes as I am not not seeing the Duplicate or Delete actions on the context menu of any of the objects I just checked. I am on Windows 11 and tested this on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and the Miro desktop app, but no Duplicate or Delete action was present on the context menus for me. I have seen similar mismatches between users/accounts that I have seen in the past – here is just one example:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/resolved-mind-map-issues-ghost-orphan-lines-after-nodes-deleted-missing-duplicate-and-delete-actions-in-context-menu-16103

However, as you are showing, it is unexpected when these actions do not work. Can you please the following, and if the issue persists, the Community team can get the support team involve since from your screenshot, you look to be using the Free Plan at the moment (and if you are a member of at least one paid subscription, from the dashboard of that subscription you can open a support ticket by following these  steps: 

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Back to the troubleshooting steps:

• Clear browser cache
  • sign out and back in to Miro (these past two actions could trigger new code to be pulled down to your machine)
  • Disable all browser extensions (an incognito window usually accomplishes this).

Let me know how you make out!

Hi, 

Having the same problem working with my borads since this morning in the web platform. Tried clear browser cache & sign out and back in without any change.  

Miro doesn’t have technical support?

Very annoying. Hope for fast solution.

Yakir

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Jared Wright  and @Robert Johnson 

Interesting. I can confirm I have never seen those duplicate and delete buttons - ever. But I am using an educational license.

I also don’t have any AI features . . . but I am not optimistic about getting them because of my educational license. I guess nobody likes teachers. Nevertheless . . . I got a pop-up about them, which took me to a page where I can join the waiting list. Fingers crossed! 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jared Wright  and @Robert Johnson 

Interesting. I can confirm I have never seen those duplicate and delete buttons - ever. But I am using an educational license.

I also don’t have any AI features . . . but I am not optimistic about getting them because of my educational license. I guess nobody likes teachers. Nevertheless . . . I got a pop-up about them, which took me to a page where I can join the waiting list. Fingers crossed! 😀

@Kenneth Ritley - Are you saying that you have never had any AI features on your Education Plan? E.g.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi, 

Having the same problem working with my borads since this morning in the web platform. Tried clear browser cache & sign out and back in without any change.  

Miro doesn’t have technical support?

Very annoying. Hope for fast solution.

Yakir

@Yakir Malyanker - Miro does have technical support, but only for paid subscribers, i.e., not for Free or Education Plan users.

I have been using Miro for a long time and I have preferred to use the on screen Buttons for duplicate and delete specifically and for some reason as I use Miro on multiple different platforms and browsers these buttons are visible but are no longer functioning see video below for context.

I just reported it, I also haven’t been able to do this since this morning

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Robert Johnson 

It looks like a mindmap component, right?

Nope, never seen anything related to AI. Also I heard something about AI with stickies maybe? Never seen that.

I’m really just happy that Miro supports an educational license. Each and every one of my students gets a HEAVY exposure to Miro thanks to me - and when they get to the project phase (around 25% of their time at our college is working on real projects) ALL of the project work is done with Miro. There’s no way our college could afford that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kenneth Ritley - March 13th’s What’s New webinar announced that Miro AI is now available for the Education Plan. Looking in my spouse’s Education Plan’s settings, I see:

Are you seeing that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jessica Staff - Thank you for sharing that you reported this to the support team! I updated the title of this post to indicate the issue is being looked at.

It would be helpful if you could leave a quick reply here with what you hear – I’m sure the Community would appreciate it 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I have also noted that the Miro AI feature are missing from my Command Palette:

Compared to the Command Palette HC article:

How to use Command palette

1. Open a board
  2. Click the Main menu hamburger icon in the top-left board menu and choose Command palette, or use the hotkey Cmd + K (on Mac) or Ctrl + K (on Windows)
  3. The Command palette will open
  4. In the search field start typing an app or tool name, or scroll through the list
  5. Click to launch the app or tool 

command_palette.gif

If I were a betting man, I’d say we could be in for a few minor “growing pains” as some of the Intelligent Canvas features are rolled out, i.e., in this case the Simplified UI and renaming of “Miro Assist” to just “Miro AI”.

Hi,

have the same problem.

Tried both on Business and Free Plan, also on pc and ipad, clicking on pop up duplicate or delete button, not working. Only choosing from the scrolling down list working.

Really annoying, and extremly slowing work, it would be great to solve this bug asap.

Thanks,

András

Badge

kenapa icon delete, duplicate, dan lainnya tidak bisa dklik langsung ya. hanya bisa di klik kanan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

kenapa icon delete, duplicate, dan lainnya tidak bisa dklik langsung ya. hanya bisa di klik kanan.

@lesprivat rizal - I merged your post with this one, so you should receive updates as we learn more.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Robert Johnson  In the immortal words of Hans Landa “That’s a bingo!”

Hidden there, right under my nose. Well, I spend all of my time in my boards, not in Settings. :-)

Thanks - I am interested to play around with this now and see what it can do for me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kenneth Ritley - Nice!!! I guess there wasn’t enough popups on your Miro dashboards at release time (or you closed them all on autopilot ;)

If you are using a chrome browser to use Miro, check if you have the latest update. I just updated mine and the error went away

@Robert Johnson @Jared Wright 

Userlevel 1

Hey Everyone they are fixed now!

Badge

Ok. Sekarang sudah normal kembali. Saya kembali mengajar seperti biasa. Alhamdulillah. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks for the tip, @Jessica Staff! Great to hear it all worked out, @Jared Wright

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

For anyone who saw my note about Miro AI missing from the Command Palette, it looks to be intentional as a part of the Miro Assist → Miro AI/Intelligent Canvas rollout – from the support team:

Miro Assist is being replaced by Miro AI. Miro AI began its rollout on July 17, 2024. For a brief period, some users may have Miro AI or Miro Assist. 

The UI changes have already been implemented, meaning that the Command Palette has already been changed for the rollout.