Skip to main content

Is there any reason why the CTRL key is not working?

When I checkt the shortcut page, it appears the CTRL key is not defined. It says %PrimaryModifier%, see below.

I want to use CTRL key to move one branch to another in MindMap template.

Thank you

@bluetoba - I see the same ‘%primaryModifier% text as you and will report it to the support team.

But, the Ctrl key is working for me in every scenario I tested it in – Ctrl-D to duplicate an object, Ctrl-A to select all, etc.

A note about reassigning/moving nodes in a mind map: You simply drag them to another branch - holding the Ctrl key actually stops the node from being reassigned. More on this here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730753#Moving,_resizing,_adding,_deleting_nodes

Okay, so “%primaryModifier%” is not the cause Ctrl key not working.

What do you get when you do the following as per instruction “Hold down Ctrl (for Windows)/Cmd (for Mac)if you'd like to move the node instead of reassigning it.”

Can you do it?

Update from Miro support [resolved]:

We're happy to let you know that the issue you reported has been successfully resolved. We entirely understand how important this feature is for you and your team, so we'd like to thank you for your patience in this matter!

Okay, so “%primaryModifier%” is not the cause Ctrl key not working.

What do you get when you do the following as per instruction “Hold down Ctrl (for Windows)/Cmd (for Mac)if you'd like to move the node instead of reassigning it.”

Can you do it?

I can:

I see. Are you on Apple or Windows? It behaves slightly differently for me. I am on Windows.

But thank you very much for showing me. Mine does move it, but I have to let go the mouse button and also need to turn off auto layout.

I see. Are you on Apple or Windows? It behaves slightly differently for me. I am on Windows.

But thank you very much for showing me. Mine does move it, but I have to let go the mouse button and also need to turn off auto layout.

I tested on Windows 10 and 11.

In my tests, I could reassign nodes both Auto ON or OFF (I also have to let go of the mouse button in order for the node to stay).