Skip to main content

I can copy only text on my board, without pictures or frames why?

Hi @Olha27,

Thanks for reaching out!

I’d like to gather a bit more information to help troubleshoot the issue. When you say you're unable to copy pictures or frames, could you clarify:

• Are you using a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+C/Cmd+C) or right-clicking to copy?
  • Are the pictures and frames you're trying to copy created within Miro or imported from outside?
  • Is this issue happening on a specific board, or are you experiencing it across multiple boards?

It could be helpful to share a short video or screenshots demonstrating the steps you're taking. That way, we can better understand what might be root of the issue. 

Looking forward to your reply!

I discovered this bug today in Firefox (version 131.0). If I copy a sticky note to my clipboard by right-clicking on it and selecting Copy. Then, when I paste, either using Ctrl-V or Paste in the right-click menu, on text is pasted, i.e., a text object, not a sticky note. If I try these steps with an image, nothing pastes. I opened a support ticket for the issue. 

@Olha27 - Are you using Firefox?

FYI, here’s what is happening for me in Firefox:

Update from the Miro support team:

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. I can confirm that a bug on our end causes this behavior – we sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience it causes and assure you that we're working towards a resolution!

We'll continue to follow up with any updates as soon as possible. Please, bear with us!

Update from Miro support - the issue is resolved. I tested on my end and can paste as expected from the overflow/ellipsis menu.

Thank you for your patience in this matter! 

We're happy to let you know that the issue you reported has been successfully resolved. We entirely understand how important this feature is for you and your team, so we'd like to thank you again for your patience!