[RESOLVED] Copied objects don't get selected?

• 29 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I often copy a few objects and then move the copies to a different place.

If I am not mistaken, objects that you Paste or Double used to be automatically Selected, so that I could move them directly(?), but now they don’t, and I have to Select them to move them. Can be dubious if they are spread out over the board...

Maria Gonzalez 7 months ago

Hi ya'll,

Maria here from Miro support team! We appreciate your patience while we investigate and fix this bug. We're happy to let you know that the issue you reported has been successfully resolved

If you're still facing the issue, please let us know!

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rickard_Agerhäll - This is still the behaviour I am experiencing when copying-pasting two sticky notes (or duplicating via Ctrl-D). I have tested in Chrome, Firefox, and the Miro desktop app on Windows 10.

Can you provide more details?

• Your OS
  • How you are accessing Miro
  • What object types you are copying?

A screenshot (or better yet, a video) of your steps/objects could help. Loom is free and easy to share a screen recording.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi!

I tested som more, it works fine in a browser, and in desktop if I copy or double Objects, but not when I copy or double only Sticky-notes. See video. (It works if I copy Sticky notes and objects...). Windows 10, Education License

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rickard_Agerhäll - Thank you for the screen recording – the additional context helps. I see you are duplicating the objects in a Table, which already have some limitations, e.g., you cannot lock or group objects inside of a Table.

However, it is unclear if the fact that newly duplicated objects are not selected is a bug, limitation, or a gap. To find out, I will open a Miro support ticket and report back here with what the support team finds out.

Support team: As @Rickard_Agerhäll has pointed out, and you can see in this GIF, when a selected object is duplicated (either using Ctrl/Cmd-C, V or Ctrl/Cmd-D), the current behaviour when outside of a Table is that the newly created objects are automatically selected, making it easier to find and move them. But when inside of a Table, the new objects are not selected.

Is this a bug?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Robert Johnson - You’re right, it’s the table that causes it! Good work!
(Jumped to the wrong conclusions there for a while...) 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update from Miro support:

Hope you are doing well. We have taken note of the potential bug you reported and have escalated it to our dedicated team for investigation.

We will keep you updated on the progress and any developments as we work toward a resolution.

Userlevel 2

Hi ya'll,

Maria here from Miro support team! We appreciate your patience while we investigate and fix this bug. We're happy to let you know that the issue you reported has been successfully resolved

If you're still facing the issue, please let us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Maria Gonzalez - Thanks for the update! I retested and the issue is indeed resolved! 🙌