Skip to main content

I have a board where other users are invited as guest users.

All the guest users have edit access and are signed in, therefore they also show up with their real names.

The board is public and “secured” with a password.

Since about 5-10 days the guest users are not able anymore to set any other assignee on cards than me (I’m the board owner). This was possible before. What do I have to do that my guest users can assign cards again to each other.

I’m member of a company team (paid plan), the guest users obviously aren’t.

I have the exact same problem! I even see them as  logged in as “Editor” on the board but only I (Board owner) can assign users to the cards. They used to be able to assign cards, but sins the NEW UI last week - not anymore :frowning2:

@Jens Neininger & @Helen Qvisth - Can you confirm:

1. What plan type you are using?
  2. Are you using the Visitors or Guests* method for your non-team members?

*Guests feature is in beta and only available with edit access on Consultant and Business plans.

Visitors

Upon review of the Cards help center article, Visitors, i.e., public/anyone with the link access, cannot be assigned to Cards:

Guests

I have a Consultant Plan and the Guests beta feature, so when I add guests to the board:

They are available as Card assignees:

The above is in the new UI.

@Robert Johnson : Thanks for your explanations.

I’m not sure if we use the consultant or business plan, but it’s one of these two.

The non-team members are “connected” as Guests, please see my screenshot:

However, when I use my Test-User to login and access the board, I can edit it, but I am not able to assign any other person than the board owner, see next screenshot:

Also using the new UI...

@Jens Neininger - Thanks for pointing this out. I tested on my end and it appears that Cards can be assigned to Guest by team members, but Guests cannot assign to anyone besides themselves.

I am unsure if this is intentional or not, but since the feature is in beta, the help center article asks that feedback be sent to the Miro support team. I will create a support ticket from this post and report back here what the support team tells me.

@Jens Neininger - I CC’d you on the support ticket.

@Robert Johnson : Thanks for having a look into this and delegating to the Miro team.

I or we (my team and many more) have the same problem! Tahnks Jens and Robert for pointing out the problem and trying to get the help. I hope that soon it is possible again, so that it is not necessary to get a license! Hope to get an update! 

Greetings Judith 

Update #1 from Miro support:

I just wanted to drop you a line to make sure you know we haven't forgotten about this!

Unfortunately, I don't have any other update for you on this but our team is still working hard on resolving this.

Update #2 from Miro support:

Eva here with a quick update: It seems that this issue is being caused by a bug.

We have therefore passed your case along to the Technical Support Engineers — they will take it from here and from now on be in touch with the expert team that is taking care of your issue. They will be in touch with you as soon as they receive any updates. Please bear with us!

Update #3 from the support team (the issue was fixed):

We have received an update from the Development Team that the issue where guests don't see the card assignee was fixed.