[RESOLVED] Anyone else having issues with deleted board contents?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

111 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

A new update from the Miro team:

We will restore the lost content within the next 24 to 48 hours. You can expect additional communication from the Miro team about it.

We don't recommend editing boards with temporarily missing content, because when boards are restored, they will not include the changes that you make.

We want to apologize for the inconvenience and assure you that our team is working around the clock to ensure we restore all of the missing content ASAP, and prevent such incidents from happening in the future.

Userlevel 1

Hi!

My team and I also lost about 95% of our board, we are waiting for a response from the managers, I already contacted the support team.

Hopefully there is a tool to be able to save a backup for each user :)

Can’t believe it but I just experienced the same. Large chunks of work on the board just disappeared at random, months of work!! Really hoping someone might have come across a solution to recover version histories some way, devastating to lose all the work. Reliability and trust are too important for the product.

Update: I wrote to the support team and got my board restored!. I almost died. 

I hope you get your information back as well!

Same here:

FEATURE REQUEST: Automated local backups

Our last manual backup was late on the 5th. But we had a lot of team work on the 6th that was lost.

YES! We've lost most of our work today too!

We’ve tried to bring in what we can from other boards...but would REALLY like to get all of the past restored if possible. There were so many comments and conversations lost. 

I felt this…. deep down into my soul…. 

Any body’s content has been retrieved or still hoping it will come?

I just got a “Restored” board with all my screens! They are a little outdated, but They’re there! <3:sweat_smile:

I can’t believe it! How long did the process take to retrieve the information since you reported it? :c

An update to everyone. I’m in the same team with Mondo (a thread commenter above) so we just thought it’s appropriate to give an update to everyone still waiting because we felt this yesterday too and hope to provide a little sense of relief. 

An older version of our boards have been restored (thank god). You will see a prompt at the top of your affected board with a link to the restored board.  We lost some new information but we’re happy that at least our months of work has been recovered.

I can’t believe it! How long did the process take to retrieve the information since you reported it? :c

As for time, it took about 20 hour-ish? That’s from the very beginning of the outage when it was first reported. So i think your boards will be restored much quicker from now on, since they’ve kinda found the “fit” i assume. The important thing i guess is to do what @Marina said, to make a report with the link to your board(s) with missing content. 

Having said that, the bigger issue here is the lack of an auto backup and restoration feature for all users. It’s really important that we don’t lose our months work randomly, especially when we work with clients. I don’t think “Sorry, It’s not my fault. Miro randomly wiped out our data and now we can’t deliver by next week.” is acceptable for any client in the world.

I really hope Miro look into and quickly resolve it with a function that allow users to have ease of mind. I’m not really sure if i can sleep well every night now knowing my information could potentially be erased randomly. 

Thanks Miro for helping to recover our information back. I hope we get that feature really soon so our faith in Miro can be restored too. 

We’re in the same boat with a board we’ve been iterating on for many weeks.  Ticket filed, but board hasn’t been restored yet.

SUGGESTION: rather than automatic downloads, perhaps allow restoring (to a copy) from any point in the Activity log.

Might also be worth adding a “save checkpoint” command and “automatic checkpoint” setting (which saves the entire board state, not just the change log), with the ability to filter the activity log to just checkpoints, to allow easier restores.

Before I realized this was a Miro issue, I actually tried to find (in the Activity Log) where the data had been deleted and assumed that I would be able to restore (a copy) from any point in it.  However, the activity log doesn’t provide that functionality, and is limited to a few days/weeks in any event.

Hi I also have the same problem!! 

I’ve also experienced the same thing today.
2 boards with essential content are missing. 

Userlevel 1

I got it back, but the URL of the comment has changed and I'm having a lot of trouble with it.
The parameters of the comment URL are different and there is no way to link the original comment URL.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ok so it seems two of my boards that were affected have been restored. 

However they seem to have been restored to a state dating back to about 2-3 weeks ago. Meaning a whole load of content that I had developed and worked on with my clients between then and now is gone. So this remains frustrating and not at all ideal. 

I love Miro and think it excellent vfm. However this presents a huuuuuge question mark. How will you reassure us this won’t be happening again? It’s about as big a system fail as you could imagine, barring everything being deleted overnight. Hang on, that couldn’t happen, could it..? 

EDIT - both my restored boards now appear to be fully salvaged! I’m very happy now! 
Hope everyone else gets fixed up ok. 

THANKS TO THE MIRO TEAM FOR YOUR EFFORTS.

Hello , my team is facing the same problem . 

How soon is soon? all our work is dependent on the Miro board. Could MIRO  expedite the restoring process.

a bit of anxiety kicking in guys!

Woohoo my board is back! Thanks so much for restoring it!

Still waiting for my board to reappear.

:tired_face: ​​​​​​​

Userlevel 1

Here the same: all my students are freaking out because of the loss of their work….. I contacted support and hope they will restore the board soon…. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi all,

We fully acknowledge that temporarily missing content caused inconvenience to some of our users, and we want to express our sincere apologies once again.

While the incident team is heads down working on restoring all of the missing content, the engineering team has come together and identified the root cause of the issue and the immediate actions that need to be taken to ensure Miro stays available and reliable at all times.

As for the features some of you mentioned (Automatic Backup and Version History), they are definitely on our radar, and I’ve passed your feedback to the product team.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

My boards still missing … We freaking out at work!!!!

Any chance of an update of the incident status, the progress of boards restoration and finally information about the root cause and the actions taken to avoid this type of incident in the future ?
Thanks in advance!

I’ve hade the same issue with one of my boards where about 70% of the content disappeared. I have colleagues that reported having other boards with missing content as well.

Turns out I’ve just received a message on that same board with a link for a new board with all the content RESTORED up to the date of the problem.

So problem solved for me! Hopefully, they are going to reach out to everyone.

I lost most of the content off a board that I spent a day created.  I went to use the board today for a sales presentation -NO CONTENT.

How can I get this board back?

As a paying customer, I am not happy