[RESOLVED] Anyone else having issues with deleted board contents?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

111 replies

Same here.

2~3 hours ago is fine, but now content is missing.

We don’t know whether to continuously co-work on Miro.

It’s too frustrated...

I just find my content on the board almost all gone after HKT1300, can anyone help?

Hi there,

It was a fantastic co-work tool but today we’ve lost 90% of our work on miro, including boards that wasn’t opened today are affected. Browsing through the activity also wasn’t helpful for this kind of troubleshooting. 

Hope the missing contents can be restored asap to save up all the efforts we’ve invested in. Thanks!

Similar issues here. We are in the middle of a major two day planning event with roughly 100 participants, and lost a lot of content over night. Our team of Scrum Masters could repair most of the immediate damage, but still we lost a lot of data.

Working for a large corporation acquiring a new application takes calendar time and patience, so unfortunately we are still on the free plan, and we have to constantly prove why we need Miro instead of using MS Whiteboard that is licensed to all our users. This kind of major data loss might even jeopardize our possibilities to get Miro for our teams!

Edit: I just got the same alarming call from a colleague running two other programs in our company, they similarly experienced a major data loss, even worse for them...

We have lost nearly 95% of our content from a two month engagement which is almost coming to a close! Miro can you please see to this glitch and see that we get our content back. This is absolutely absurd! never expected such a thing to happen! 

Same issue here.  We’ve lost months of work.

In a panic I’ve actually made a few further changes to the board after 95% of it was deleted, so I’m hoping those changes will be discarded and the most recent version prior to the mass-deletion will be re-instated.

Cheers,
Matt

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey there,

If you haven’t reached out to the Support team yet, please do so via this link - https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

Please make sure to include links to affected boards :pray_tone2:

Thank you!

And thank a lot for your patience and understanding. We are doing our best to resolve the issue!

Same here too. Total disaster. :sob:

Same issue!! a lot of content from the frames and the board went missing. since morning spent quite a lot of time figuring out what the hell has happened! and not this post confirms the reason!

Userlevel 2

I’ve just had the same problem! Lost a whole bunch of discovery work of a board while I was using it. Maybe 50% of the contents have randomly disappeared, patchy deletion and whole canvases. Really scary I have weeks of work on here and only part way through the project.  Just put a support request through and got this message, below...

Support response….

Hi there Archie, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us and reporting on the issue with the missing content! We are truly sorry you've faced it. 

We can only imagine how frustrating this should be for you! Please, be assured that our engineers are already on the case and doing their best to resolve this issue and get the missing content back as soon as they can.

Please bear with us — we will keep you updated on our progress.

Userlevel 2

Marina, are your engineerings working to restore everyone’s data or only working to prevent it from happening in the future.

I think the community should know if our data can be restored ASAP.

Thank you.

Me too! We just finished off our discovery work and now its mostly all gone :( 

Can you please help. Items have gone missing from a board (I presume deleted). Is it possible to revert the board to an earlier version? Or restore deleted items? Happy to lose the work from today if we can get our old work back. All editors that logged on today have tried to undo with no result, and we can’t see anything in the activity log that indicates someone has deleted these items.

Some of things that had more recently been worked on (or were locked) have not gone missing but only about 20% of our work is still on there. 

Can you please advise what we should do?

Thank you

Annika

yeah same problem here, we planned with 150 people 3 days and a lot of content is now DELETED.

PANIC BUTTON *PRESSED*

Please help, gimme a call :)

I just follow the Marina instruction to make direct contact to their support team.

And u guys are right, it is about 95% of work missing. As i have 3 boards here, it seems it only happens on the board im using.

Same experience for me. This morning 8 AM swedish local time my collegue opened our board and 80% of the content is gone. Several frames missing, but it doesn’t show in the activity list.

I’ve created a support ticket.

Hi @Miro Community Bot 

we lost most of our content in the Miro board. When can we expect this to be solved?

Hi we are facing the same issue, the Status page doesn’t mention anything about people losing content on their boards…. is there an update, please. 

Good morning,

I too am facing a problem with my miro board. Around 50% of my boards are missing and it’s causing quite a lot of complications. I hope this can be resolved soon.

Thank you

Same issue here with a board actively used by 70 students, please help! I've contacted the support team

+1 

Also happening with our boards, 80% gone. 

Please help!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey,

We lost all our data all of a sudden, we need help in retrieving back the data .

Can someone please help.

Userlevel 4

We lost a whole bunch of data on MIRO too. A lot of boards have missing content. I hope MIRO can resolve this ASAP.

The item on the board disappeared even though I didn't delete it.

Checking the activity log does not show any evidence of deletion.

Is it possible to recover?

same issue in my board. Everything disappeared suddently and this is a BIG issue.

Userlevel 2

Hey there Marina. Can we get an update on likelihood and expected timeframes for data recovery due to this problem. It seems like status page loosely mentions the deletion of some content and the problem of slow loading is fixed but there are two major outstanding issues I think everyone here in this thread would like some resolution on: 

1. can we get our lost data back and if so when. 
  2. can we continue to work on boards without the risk of loosing that data  also.

Most here, myself included, are engaged in projects where this is a crippling setback. As a huge advocate of Miro I implore you to reestablish our trust by demonstrating that you truly do have our backs and can restore our data with the greatest of haste. Please be transparent and keep us updated frequently and accurately. I’m sure many are waiting with anticipation for good news regarding the restoration of our data.