[RESOLVED] After clicking "Present" in Presentation Mode the app freezes

• 10 December 2022
  • 10 replies

Badge

Please, help! After I click "Present" button the app freezes and there is no way to unfreeze it, only restart the app. What shall I do?

Robert Johnson 1 year ago

Update #2 from Miro support:

This is Isaac from the Technical Support Engineer team at Miro, I am out about your report of Miro freezing. Are you still seeing any issues? The bug I believe you were being affected by was fixed within a few days of your report. Unfortunately, it seems your ticket did not reach my team correctly so we couldn't notify you once we had fixed it. Let me know if you are still having any issues.

Unfortunately, I can no longer verify the results as all of my accounts have been upgraded to the newer Interactive Presentation Mode.

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Maria Kharitonova - First, try resetting the Miro desktop app data and let us know if that fixes the issue.

If it doesn’t, a few other questions:

1. What OS and version are you using? (e.g., Windows 10)
  2. Does the issue also happen when using a browser?
  3. Does the issue happen on all boards, or just one?
  4. Do other users experience the same issue, on the same board(s)?
Badge

Hello, thank you for your answer
Resetting didn’t help. 

1. Windows 10
  2. Yes
  3. All boards
  4. I’ve asked, they said not, and I also tried entering from other devices, the same thing, I mean it freezed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Maria Kharitonova - Thanks for sharing these details.

As a test, I added you to one of my teams where the Interactive Presentation Mode is enabled, and made you a co-owner of a board called “OKR Planning” – open that board and click on the “Present” button and let me know if that freezes for you too.

Badge

No, It didn´t freeze.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

No, It didn´t freeze.

@Maria Kharitonova - Hmm. I should have asked, are you referring to the Present button that is up beside the “Share” button (or where the Share button would normally be), or are you using the Present button that is in the sidebar → Smart Meeting tab?

Do both buttons cause Miro to freeze?

Badge

Well, when I use my boards, the interface looks a bit different. I can´t see “smart meeting” button, and there appears “Present” button below in the middle.

First I click the Presentation mode at the up right corner

The present button that freezes in the middle below appears in the presentation mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Maria Kharitonova - Oooookay. I was so focused on the new Interactive Presentation Mode (beta) that I never tried the current Presentation mode. Now that I have, I am also finding that some of my boards lock up.

I will open a Miro support ticket to report the issue and share a copy of one of my boards that is experiencing the issue. I will update this post with what they tell me!

Badge

Thank you so much, Robert, I´ll be waiting for the updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #1 from Miro support:

We have been able to reproduce the issue on our end, which enabled us to escalate the case along to our team. They will now be sure to investigate this case further, and we will get back to you once there are any updates to share.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #2 from Miro support:

This is Isaac from the Technical Support Engineer team at Miro, I am out about your report of Miro freezing. Are you still seeing any issues? The bug I believe you were being affected by was fixed within a few days of your report. Unfortunately, it seems your ticket did not reach my team correctly so we couldn't notify you once we had fixed it. Let me know if you are still having any issues.

Unfortunately, I can no longer verify the results as all of my accounts have been upgraded to the newer Interactive Presentation Mode.