Replace professional Presentation software

• 6 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello MIROers,

Is there a way I can replace MIRO for all public speaking presentation tool. This works best in presentation mode except there is no “Preenter View”. Is there a way?

Team MIRO, Is there a way you can add this Feature or may be give us. a flexibility to move around Note window (currently) its attached to presentation window and cant be detached. 

Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello to you too @Mayur Chaudhary,

While I can’t speak to Miro’s Presentation Mode backlog or feature road maps, I personally do not foresee them trying to compete with other presentation software, e.g., PowerPoint. With that being said, if you can learn to live without some of the PowerPoint-like features (animations, laser pointer-like cursor, slide notes, etc.) there benefits to be gained by using Miro (non-linear slide/frames layouts, collaborative slides!, etc.) in the end you may start using Miro more and more for presentations.

For more insight/considerations in using Miro as a dedicated presentation tool, I will direct you to a similar post from about a month ago: Replacing PowerPoint with a Miro board.

Getting back to your initial comments regarding no Presenter View - you could create your frames and put your notes in a shape, e.g., rectangle directly below the frames. Then, from another screen (either a second monitor or using the Miro app on a mobile/tablet device), you would refer to your notes there. With this strategy in place, while you are in presentation mode on the board on one screen, you would login to the board in a second session and refer to your notes there. Or you could just keep your notes in a completely differently platform, referring to them from another screen or device, however I suppose it makes more sense to keep them in once place.

Here’s what it could like like when presenting from one screen while referring to the notes from another Miro session on another screen:

Please note that if you were sharing your screen with board participants through Miro and not using a 3rd party app, e.g., Zoom, you would probably need to open the “notes" board in a private/incognito browser window while viewing your notes, which would require you to temporarily enable Anyone with the link → Can view Sharing access, that was you don't confuse Miro while you are logged into two browser sessions and trying to present from one, but just view from the other. Perhaps it’s worth your experimenting with this to see if it will work for you.

Userlevel 4

Some ideas that should be in the wish list

I think reference to powerpoint fly-in etc is underplaying what animations IN a slide (as opposed to between slides) can do for creating understanding

IF when a ppt deck is imported 1) the slides could be automatically housed on a frame with a name of Slide-Number and 2) if the slide has a shapes.hastitle the textrange from it can be used as a frame title

AND if the miro presentation mode could then fade each slide / frame ontop of the previous rather than slide prezi style from slide to slide then awesome results would be relatively easy

NOTE creating animated powerpoint and then ‘expanding’ the deck to contain a slide per animation state is easy - there are multiple really quiet good macros around to do it