Remote one-off workshop: can I invite external users with editing rights for free?

• 20 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone -

I’d like to run a remote workshop session with around 20 people next week. I am on the Team plan with just 5 seats. If I invite participants to the board for the session, will I be charged the $10 per user prorated per the time they have been on the board or is there an option to get them join for free?

Thank you

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Olga Sganzerla,

To my knowledge, adding people to collaborate once you have a paid account is not possible for free. Day passes are your best bet, or you can use a free account to host your webinar, as they are allowing free collaboration in non-paying accounts right now.

I do hope that the pricing model changes soon. I have colleagues that pay for their accounts, and I pay for my account. When I invite them to collaborate, I have to pay for their access, even though we are both already paying customers.  That’s a bit frustrating for sure.

Good luck!

Jon

Thank you very much @Jonathan White ! I’ll check out the day passes & free account workaround options :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Olga Sganzerla and @Jonathan White,

I just want to notify you that our new feature - anonymous Guest Editors - is live! More information is in the Help Center article.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thanks @Marina , I just saw this functionality in action this week and it is awesome!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Warning!

This anomymous Guest editors feature somehow seems to allow unknown people in.
We just had a session with two persons this way and suddenly a third guest popped up named “Unknown Muralist”.
No-one besides the two of us had this link. It was never shared anywhere other than our private chat on Microsoft Teams.

We shut down access at this point...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Mats Kempe :

Whoo this sounds real strange … and in combination with Mural …?
Sounds like there has hacked in someone who knows the competitor and who is able to program and change names of the guest editors.

I would recommend to forward this information to the support team:

support@miro.com and give them the exact dates of your meeting.

Maybe they can find out with logfiles from where this hacking-thing had come.

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mats Kempe,

This is just one of the generated names for guest editors in Miro.

Since the link was shared only with two people, probably one of you opened this board in a different browser or incognito mode? Or even one more tab in the same browser.