Quickly go to objects connected by the connection tool

• 26 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Question:

When using the Connection Line tool or just drawing an arrow between the objects that are  far away on the board - is there a way to quick go between the connected objects?

More details :

It is a challenge to go the connected objects as the boards are very big and  complex as objects are  within in the visible area when zoomed in.  

Tried to use the “Link” feature, however, this is not as user friendly as arrow/connection tool as we need to know the object names to link them. 

Saw a topic on Arrow-Following, however do not seem to be exactly what I am looking for, hence posted this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Vishali Korrapolu - Currently the only way to move from one object to another on the board is by using the Internal linking (Link to) feature.

You can also navigate to areas of the board using the Frames Navigation feature - this allows you to quickly move between frames.

There are a number of Wish List posts where other users are looking for additional functionality for Connection Lines - you may want to add your comments/upvote some of them here:

However, if you fee that idea doesn’t truly reflect what you are looking to accomplish, I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Vishali Korrapolu - In the past I have also used the “Link to” feature in conjunction with Connection Lines, e.g., in my Getting to Know Miro Miroverse template.

Is there a way to show how to objects are linked without using connection lines or links? E.g I have objects eg process steps above hundreds of other objects e.g capabilities. I would like to be able to click on a specific object (process step) and one or many objects in the (section below in the same board) will light up or somehow show that they are related to the object I clicked on.

I’d also like to see this feature. When mapping out data flow between hundreds of code functions, the diagram gets very large and there’s dozens of lines that connect each function that calls another. I’d like to be able to click the arrow and jump to the connected object or see a quick highlight/context box showing where that connected endpoint is located on the board.